Posted to dev@tomee.apache.org by David Blevins <da...@visi.com> on 2007/12/04 22:36:13 UTC

Re: Wiki space for OpenEJB 3.0 documentation

On Nov 27, 2007, at 11:18 AM, David Blevins wrote:

> So we now have a few places in our exception handling where we give
> URLs for people to find more information.  That's good but I'm
> thinking it's particularly prone to getting updated in ways that
> will eventually not match the code and those someday these releases
> will be unusable.
>
> I think that finally means we should have an OpenEJB 3.0 wikispace
> for documentation and remove any URLs from our code to the main site
> unless they are of the "Where's our user list" or "How to get
> involved" nature.
>
> What does everyone think?

Ok.  First run at this:

http://cwiki.apache.org/OPENEJBx30/

Thoughts?

-David

Re: Wiki space for OpenEJB 3.0 documentation

Posted by David Blevins <da...@visi.com>.
On Dec 4, 2007, at 2:52 PM, Alan D. Cabrera wrote:

> On Dec 4, 2007, at 1:36 PM, David Blevins wrote:
>

>> On Nov 27, 2007, at 11:18 AM, David Blevins wrote:
>>
>>> So we now have a few places in our exception handling where we
>>> give URLs for people to find more information.  That's good but
>>> I'm thinking it's particularly prone to getting updated in ways
>>> that will eventually not match the code and those someday these
>>> releases will be unusable.
>>>
>>> I think that finally means we should have an OpenEJB 3.0 wikispace
>>> for documentation and remove any URLs from our code to the main
>>> site unless they are of the "Where's our user list" or "How to get
>>> involved" nature.
>>>
>>> What does everyone think?
>>
>> Ok.  First run at this:
>>
>> http://cwiki.apache.org/OPENEJBx30/
>
> Nice.  So is the idea that we duplicate this for x30, x31, x32, etc?

More or less, though we may defer if there are no real major changes.
Tomcat seems to do it as needed.  At current time we're sort of half
way through updating the site for 3.0, have an unfortunate mix of
0.9.2 and 3.0, and when we're finished there won't be anymore 0.9.2
docs.  At least now we'll be in the position to avoid that.

-David

Re: Wiki space for OpenEJB 3.0 documentation

Posted by "Alan D. Cabrera" <li...@toolazydogs.com>.
On Dec 4, 2007, at 1:36 PM, David Blevins wrote:

> On Nov 27, 2007, at 11:18 AM, David Blevins wrote:
>
>> So we now have a few places in our exception handling where we
>> give URLs for people to find more information.  That's good but
>> I'm thinking it's particularly prone to getting updated in ways
>> that will eventually not match the code and those someday these
>> releases will be unusable.
>>
>> I think that finally means we should have an OpenEJB 3.0 wikispace
>> for documentation and remove any URLs from our code to the main
>> site unless they are of the "Where's our user list" or "How to get
>> involved" nature.
>>
>> What does everyone think?
>
> Ok.  First run at this:
>
> http://cwiki.apache.org/OPENEJBx30/

Nice.  So is the idea that we duplicate this for x30, x31, x32, etc?

Regards,
Alan

Re: Wiki space for OpenEJB 3.0 documentation

Posted by David Blevins <da...@visi.com>.
On Dec 4, 2007, at 2:12 PM, Jacek Laskowski wrote:

> On Dec 4, 2007 10:36 PM, David Blevins <da...@visi.com> wrote:
>
>> http://cwiki.apache.org/OPENEJBx30/
>
> Yay! I like it, love it and will surely contribute.

Sweet!  It gave me a pleasing chill too.  I thought, "how did we
survive without this?"

> p.s. The footer contains 'an project'. Shouldn't it be 'a project'?

Yes, nice catch!

-David

Re: Wiki space for OpenEJB 3.0 documentation

Posted by Jacek Laskowski <ja...@laskowski.net.pl>.
On Dec 4, 2007 10:36 PM, David Blevins <da...@visi.com> wrote:

> http://cwiki.apache.org/OPENEJBx30/

Yay! I like it, love it and will surely contribute.

p.s. The footer contains 'an project'. Shouldn't it be 'a project'?

Jacek

--
Jacek Laskowski
http://www.JacekLaskowski.pl