Posted to fop-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org by Platekatel <fk...@arcor.de> on 2008/05/19 17:24:54 UTC

Generating TIFF G4 files

Hello *,

I’m using FOP embedded, to generate PS files for printing, everything works
fine.
Now I have the new task to create TIFF files.
Well, easy to get tiffs with FOP but I have the special requirement the
generated TIIF have to be a TIFF G4.

Does anybody know how to setup FOP to create such a TIFF?

Any hints would be appreciated.

Thanks a lot

Re: Generating TIFF G4 files

Posted by paul womack <pw...@papermule.co.uk>.
Jeremias Maerki wrote:
> On 19.05.2008 17:41:49 paul womack wrote:
>> Platekatel wrote:
>>> Hello *,
>>>
>>> I’m using FOP embedded, to generate PS files for printing, everything works
>>> fine.
>>> Now I have the new task to create TIFF files.
>>> Well, easy to get tiffs with FOP but I have the special requirement the
>>> generated TIIF have to be a TIFF G4.
>>>
>>> Does anybody know how to setup FOP to create such a TIFF?
>> Fop output possibilities are quite constrained.
>
> Careful with statements like that!
>
> See here:
> http://xmlgraphics.apache.org/fop/0.95/output.html#tiff-configuration

I stand corrected; I was over interpreting the number
of command line options, and not looking elsewhere

   BugBear

Re: Generating TIFF G4 files

Posted by Jeremias Maerki <de...@jeremias-maerki.ch>.
On 19.05.2008 17:41:49 paul womack wrote:
> Platekatel wrote:
> > Hello *,
> >
> > I’m using FOP embedded, to generate PS files for printing, everything works
> > fine.
> > Now I have the new task to create TIFF files.
> > Well, easy to get tiffs with FOP but I have the special requirement the
> > generated TIIF have to be a TIFF G4.
> >
> > Does anybody know how to setup FOP to create such a TIFF?
>
> Fop output possibilities are quite constrained.

Careful with statements like that!

See here:
http://xmlgraphics.apache.org/fop/0.95/output.html#tiff-configuration

> I would use fop to create "something" and then
> use a graphics utility package to convert.
>
> imagemagick, netpbm, and gimp could all be used.
>
>   BugBear

Jeremias Maerki

Re: Generating TIFF G4 files

Posted by paul womack <pw...@papermule.co.uk>.