Posted to dev@pulsar.apache.org by Dianjin Wang <dj...@streamnative.io.INVALID> on 2021/05/10 03:21:34 UTC

Idea: Add "List of Contributors" to Pulsar Release Blog

Hi guys,

I would like to open one discussion thread for the suggestion on the Pulsar
release blog. Should we add a new module named "List of Contributors" for
the blog? This module could show the contributors involved in this release,
encouraging much more community members to join. The following can be an
example:

 *List of Contributors*
 The Apache Pulsar community would like to thank each one of the
contributors that have made this release possible:
  [ xxx, xxx...]

About the contributors' list, I'm not sure if we can use GitHub API to
fetch.

Any thoughts on this?

Best,
Dianjin Wang

Re: Idea: Add "List of Contributors" to Pulsar Release Blog

Posted by Enrico Olivelli <eo...@gmail.com>.
This is the query I am doing:

curl https://api.github.com/repos/apache/pulsar/compare/v2.7.1...v2.7.2
| jq '[.commits[].commit.author.name] | unique'

[
  "Ali Ahmed",
  "Andrey Yegorov",
  "Binbin Guo",
  "David Kjerrumgaard",
  "Deon van der Vyver",
  "Devin Bost",
  "Enrico Olivelli",
  "Guangning E",
  "Kevin Wilson",
  "Lari Hotari",
  "Marvin Cai",
  "Masahiro Sakamoto",
  "Matteo Merli",
  "Michael Marshall",
  "Rajan Dhabalia",
  "Shen Liu",
  "Ting Yuan",
  "Vincent Royer",
  "Yong Zhang",
  "Yunze Xu",
  "Zhanpeng Wu",
  "Zike Yang",
  "baomingyu",
  "congbo",
  "dockerzhang",
  "feynmanlin",
  "hangc0276",
  "li jinquan",
  "limingnihao",
  "linlinnn",
  "lipenghui",
  "mlyahmed",
  "penghui",
  "ran"
]

If you have a better query please let me know.

I am adding the results to the Blog Post for 2.7.2

Enrico

Posted by Jia Zhai <zh...@apache.org>.
+1

Posted by Zhiyuan Ju <ju...@apache.org>.