Posted to c-user@axis.apache.org by "Lefrancois, Carl" <Ca...@axa-canada.com> on 2008/10/27 19:01:30 UTC

RE : RE : early env cleanup in asynchronous mode

The changelog file has version 1.3.0 as the latest and the file dates from july 2008.  I have spent the morning working on getting the latest SVN revision up and running on my workstation.  So far the new version is crashing on the following call:

stub = axis2_stub_create_MyService()

This may be because I need to regenerate the stubs.  Unfortunately, due to some limitations of the C version of the autogenerator with respect to abstract base types, it takes about 5 hours to create the full bug-free set of C files for my company's WSDL, so I may be forced to leave this issue alone and use logging and hunting through the code to find a way around this problem.

I have learned one more thing about this problem.  The DllMain function is called with DLL_PROCESS_DETACH message after the Axis2/C internal process calls axutil_thread_pool_exit_thread(th_pool, thd);  (the last function call in the code I attached to my first message in this thread).  When I step through the code with the debugger, the app does not crash because all uses of env have a chance to execute before the DLL unloads while I move the execution pointer forward slowly.  I may be able to get around the problem by delaying the unload of the DLL and recreating the env for each web service call.

Any help is greatly appreciated

Carl

Posted by "David Taylor (Lowell)" <dk...@F5.com>.
Oops!  Sorry.