Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Ramo Karahasan <ra...@googlemail.com> on 2013/11/27 14:10:29 UTC

Which patch for which solr version

Hi,

on https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SOLR-3583

there are some patches listed. I currently can't really figure out, for
which solr version this patch is valid, since the issue listed there is
still open and should be fixed for version 4.6.

I'm wondering if this patch can be applied on a 4.5.1 version of solr

Best,

Ramo

Re: Which patch for which solr version

Posted by Erick Erickson <er...@gmail.com>.
"Try it and see". Not really helpful, but the best we I can do.
There's no formal method for insuring that a patch will work
with an arbitrary version. At least you're trying to apply it
to a version newer than it was created on.

Not much help, but....

If you _do_ apply it to 4.5.1, and if you have
to make changes to the code to get it to work,
please consider uploading a new patch.

Best,
Erick