Posted to dev@hawq.apache.org by "刘奎恩(局外)" <ku...@alibaba-inc.com> on 2018/04/28 11:02:00 UTC

回复:[DISCUSS] Apache HAWQ Graduation from Incubator

Great news, I have no reason to reject this wonderful idea. One consideration is may we have time window to do a bit more efforts on execuation engine? because these derivative startup projects (hawq+, deepgreen) all claims their superiority on execuation engine. Maybe, Hawq may co-plan it with Greenplum, it is one common issue in both data warehouse.
-------------——
Kuien Liu/奎恩
------------------------------------------------------------------发件人:Radar Lei <rl...@pivotal.io>发送时间:2018年4月26日(星期四) 10:16收件人:dev <de...@hawq.incubator.apache.org>主 题:[DISCUSS] Apache HAWQ Graduation from Incubator
Hi All,

With the Apache HAWQ community keep healthy and growing, I think now would
be a good time to discuss where we stand regarding to graduation from the
Incubator, and what requirements remains.

Apache HAWQ entered incubation in September of 2015, since then, the HAWQ
community learned a lot about how to do things in Apache ways. Now we are a
very helpful and engaged community, ready to help on all questions
from the HAWQ
community. We delivered four releases including two binary releases, now we
can do self-driving releases in good cadence. The community is growing,
 new committers and PPMC members keep joining. We addressed the maturity
issues one by one followed by Apache Project Maturity Model [1], currently all
the License and IP issues we can see got resolved.

Base on those, I believes it's time for us to graduate to TLP. [2]

Any thoughts? And welcome advice from HAWQ Mentors?

Thanks,

[1] https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/HAWQ/ASF+Maturity+Evaluation
[2] https://incubator.apache.org/guides/graduation.html#grad
uating_to_a_top_level_project

Regards,
Radar

Re: [DISCUSS] Apache HAWQ Graduation from Incubator

Posted by Radar Lei <rl...@pivotal.io>.
Thanks Bosco.

I also did some research by Linkedin, now I have a full picture of the
committer/PMC affiliations.

Regards,
Radar

Posted by Don Bosco Durai <bo...@apache.org>.
Hi Radar

Re: Re: [DISCUSS] Apache HAWQ Graduation from Incubator

Posted by Radar Lei <rl...@pivotal.io>.
Hi Guys,

Posted by Alan Gates <al...@gmail.com>.
Alan Gates - Hortonworks.

Posted by Roman Shaposhnik <ro...@shaposhnik.org>.
Roman Shaposhnik - ZEDEDA Inc.

Thanks,
Roman.

Posted by Radar Lei <rl...@pivotal.io>.
Hi!

Posted by Radar Lei <rl...@pivotal.io>.

Posted by Lili Ma <li...@apache.org>.

Posted by Lei Chang <ch...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Greg Chase <gc...@pivotal.io>.
+1 to Lei

This email encrypted by tiny buttons & fat thumbs, beta voice recognition, and autocorrect on my iPhone.

Posted by 陶征霖 <zt...@apache.org>.

Posted by Yi JIN <yj...@apache.org>.

Re:Re: Re: [DISCUSS] Apache HAWQ Graduation from Incubator

Posted by 王春玲 <wa...@126.com>.
+1 to Lei! His great leadership and contribution to Apache HAWQ project are obvious to us.

Posted by Roman Shaposhnik <ro...@shaposhnik.org>.
+1 to Lei!

Posted by xsheng <xs...@apache.org>.

Posted by Ed Espino <es...@apache.org>.
Ruilong,

Posted by Ruilong Huo <hu...@apache.org>.

Posted by Radar Lei <rl...@pivotal.io>.

Posted by Radar Lei <rl...@pivotal.io>.
Thanks Roman.

Posted by Roman Shaposhnik <ro...@shaposhnik.org>.

Posted by Radar Lei <rl...@pivotal.io>.
Hi Roman,

We have confirmed with each HAWQ committer whether they want to remain with
HAWQ project.  As a summary, 37 PPMC members(including two mentors) and 7
committers confirmed they want to remain with HAWQ. [1] The total
committers number 44 seems pretty close with PPMC member number 37, is it
good enough to make PMC == committers as our graduation resolution? Should
we update the whimsy and project webpage now or do update after graduation?

BTW, please kindly advice the next steps towards graduation? Thanks.

[1]
https://lists.apache.org/thread.html/4f31f2766ed6963f845ac4034163db542c7895cf7f4b7dfcaeedfb8c@%3Cdev.hawq.apache.org%3E

Regards,
Radar