Posted to dev@jena.apache.org by "Kumar,Abhishek" <ab...@ufl.edu> on 2016/10/06 14:51:39 UTC

Applications/Projects Using Jena

Hi Team,

I am a Masters student at University of Florida. I am presenting Apache Jena to our class as part of research on RDF and semantic web. I have got material to speak about Jena but I am having trouble finding some use cases of Jena in current industry.

I read that many Semantic web applications use Jena but I could not find any project which uses Jena. Can you help provide names of some projects which are currently using Jena and how Jena is being used there? That would be very helpful to generate interest among students.

It would be helpful for future if we had a page on the Jena Homepage about Who is Using or something similar.

Thanks & Regards
Abhishek Kumar

Re: Applications/Projects Using Jena

Posted by Paul Houle <pa...@ontology2.com>.
Almost all of the data in this site passes through the Jena framework:

https://legalentityidentifier.info/lei/lookup/

Most of the data is in a TDB model,  although there is an embedded
Lucene index for search and navigation.

There is a write up about it at

http://ontology2.com/the-book/legalentityidentifier-info.html

That second page is also rendered by a Jena-based system.  In this case
there are a number of HTML source files that are combined with other
things to make the pages.  Metadata is extracted from the pages and
stored in an in-memory model,  then queried.

There is also a CRM system that processes web forms,  sends emails,
etc. that runs in AWS with DynamoDB.  One cool thing there is that I
write business rules in the Jena Rules language to deal with how
messages get routed,  which messages are spam,  etc.

--
  Paul Houle
  paul.houle@ontology2.com

Posted by François-Paul Servant <fr...@gmail.com>.
[warning: speaking here about stuff that I made]

Hi,

http://www.semanlink.net is a personal information management system based on RDF (basically tagging + SKOS), built with Jena.

[warning 2: that’s old code (and I hope that I am better at coding now). If I had time, I would make it completely differently now - still with Jena, however].

Professionally, I have been using Jena is some projects at Renault.

Best,

fps