Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by Simon Wistow <si...@thegestalt.org> on 2007/04/19 19:29:43 UTC

Monitoring Slave broker

I have a pure master-slave set up and my sysadmins are trying to set up
monitoring. One of the ways they're monitoring is to check to see if
port 61616 is open. Obviously this works with the master but the slave
naturally doesn't respond.

Do you have any ideas of how to check if the slave is up and running
bar grepping the process table?

I see that in 4.2 I could check port 8161 but we're still running 4.01
at the moment.

Thanks,

Simon

Re: Monitoring Slave broker

Posted by "Christopher G. Stach II" <cg...@ldsys.net>.
Simon Wistow wrote:
> I have a pure master-slave set up and my sysadmins are trying to set up
> monitoring. One of the ways they're monitoring is to check to see if
> port 61616 is open. Obviously this works with the master but the slave
> naturally doesn't respond.
>
> Do you have any ideas of how to check if the slave is up and running
> bar grepping the process table?
>
> I see that in 4.2 I could check port 8161 but we're still running 4.01
> at the moment.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Simon

Use JMX.