Posted to jetspeed-dev@portals.apache.org by "Logantha, Jayaprakash (STSD)" <ja...@hp.com> on 2005/11/14 15:33:26 UTC

How to access user management services from remote swing application

Hi,

I have a swing GUI application running from remote machine. I would like
to access User management service of Jetspeed portal server. Is there
any way?

Can you please point out any document or sample program?

Sorry for the wide distribution.

Thanks,
JP

Re: How to access user management services from remote swing application

Posted by David Sean Taylor <da...@bluesunrise.com>.
Logantha, Jayaprakash (STSD) wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I have a swing GUI application running from remote machine. I would like
> to access User management service of Jetspeed portal server. Is there
> any way?

You can simply assemble the components with Spring that you need in your
Swing program. For examples, look at the unit tests under security
component.

We are also working on a AJAX API for Jetspeed.
I will be developing it over the next two weeks, but basically it will
allow you to manage your Jetspeed portal with a Jetspeed XML API for
Ajax. Im currently working on layout APIs for customization: portlet
placement (add portlet, remove portlet, move portlet...).

> Can you please point out any document or sample program?

Im trying to find time to work on architecture documentation
Should be ready for ApacheCon Dec 10 ....

> Sorry for the wide distribution.
>
> Thanks,
> JP

David Sean Taylor