Posted to c-dev@xerces.apache.org by Andreas Oesterer <oe...@yahoo.com> on 2002/09/19 06:42:23 UTC

Schema validation of DOM Document

Is it possible to validate a DOMDocument against a XMl
schema?

The scenario I'm dealing with is a user defined script
that creates a DOMDocument. Before storing that
document, I want to validate the contents against a
schema.

I implemented a solution using the following steps:

1. Serialize the document into a MemBufFormatTarget
2. Create a MemBufInputSource
3. Parse the MemBufInputSource

But I would like to avoid serializing the document in
order to parse it again.

Is that possible?

Thanks!

Re: Schema validation of DOM Document

Posted by Gareth Reakes <ga...@decisionsoft.com>.
Hi,
	no, its not currently possible.

Gareth

On Wed, 18 Sep 2002, Andreas Oesterer wrote:

> Is it possible to validate a DOMDocument against a XMl
> schema?
>
> The scenario I'm dealing with is a user defined script
> that creates a DOMDocument. Before storing that
> document, I want to validate the contents against a
> schema.
>
> I implemented a solution using the following steps:
>
> 1. Serialize the document into a MemBufFormatTarget
> 2. Create a MemBufInputSource
> 3. Parse the MemBufInputSource
>
> But I would like to avoid serializing the document in
> order to parse it again.
>
> Is that possible?
>
> Thanks!

Gareth Reakes, Head of Product Development
DecisionSoft Ltd.            http://www.decisionsoft.com
Office: +44 (0) 1865 203192