Posted to dev@myfaces.apache.org by Simon Kitching <sk...@apache.org> on 2008/09/08 13:57:52 UTC

Re: svn commit: r693059 [1/2] - in /myfaces/core/trunk_1.2.x/impl/src/main/java/org/apache/myfaces: application/ application/jsp/ context/portlet/ context/servlet/ convert/ el/ el/convert/ el/unified/resolver/ renderkit/html/ util/

Hi Bernd,

bommel@apache.org schrieb:
> Author: bommel
> Date: Mon Sep  8 04:42:28 2008
> New Revision: 693059

> Log:
> (MYFACES-1956) Minor performance improvements for org.apache.myfaces.el, org.apache.myfaces.context and org.apache.myfaces.util ...
>
> Apply many of the findbugs and pmd performance rules

Changing classes and methods to be final will break any existing user
code that subclasses it. Allowing users to subclass stuff inside the
myfaces impl jar seems rather useful to me. Do you have some performance
measurements that show this kind of lockdown of the core impl code is
worthwhile? Or is there some reason why users would never want to
subclass these packages?

Making a method-parameter final seems less problematic. I'm not quite
sure what the benefit is though; I would have thought that a decent
compiler would figure that out itself 99% of the time. Do you have any
information on what gains we get from this?

Regards, Simon

Posted by Bernd Bohmann <be...@atanion.com>.
Hi Simon,

for performance data please look at

https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/MYFACES-1956

I don't see any reason why anybody should extend classes from
myfaces-impl. I think jsf has enough extensions points. And if someone
need these impls, we should provide these parts in myfaces-commons.

Regards

Bernd