Posted to slide-user@jakarta.apache.org by Yong Hu <hu...@yahoo.com.cn> on 2004/11/25 09:57:48 UTC

the question about checkout and lock

All,

Who could give me a clear explain the checkout and lock in Slide?

I don't use lockMethod currently, but I use checkoutMethod/checkinMethod to implement the versioncontrol.

I find that if user1 checkout one file, another user can do uncheckout or checkin on this file. I wonder why not the lock is added to one file after it is checked out in order that other user can't operate on it?

Regards
Yong

嫌邮箱太小?雅虎电邮自助扩容!

Re: the question about checkout and lock

Posted by Tim Frank <tf...@registrar.uoguelph.ca>.
Jacob,

I have not found that any of these options actually LOCK the file
automatically when checked out. They do dictate what happens IF a file
is locked or after the file is unlocked. Maybe I have misunderstood the
auto-version section numerous times.

I believe Yong was looking for a "lock this file automatically when it
is checked out" option.

Tim

Posted by Jacob Lund <jl...@qualiware.net>.
Have a look at: