Posted to users@qpid.apache.org by Robbie Gemmell <ro...@gmail.com> on 2018/08/02 17:19:19 UTC

[VOTE] Release Apache Qpid Proton-J 0.27.3 (RC2)

I have put together a second spin for a Qpid Proton-J 0.27.3 release,
please test it and vote accordingly.

The files can be grabbed from:
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/qpid/proton-j/0.27.3-rc2/

The maven artifacts are staged for now at:
https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapacheqpid-1153

The JIRAs assigned are:
https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?projectId=12313720&version=12343802

If you are looking at the tag (0.27.3), remember that it has been
deleted and replaced since RC1, you may need to refresh your checkout.

Regards,
Robbie

P.S. If you want to test things out using maven with your own build
you can temporarily add this to your poms to access the staging repo:

  <repositories>
    <repository>
      <id>staging</id>
      <url>https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapacheqpid-1153</url>
    </repository>
  </repositories>

The dependency for proton-j would then be:

  <dependency>
    <groupId>org.apache.qpid</groupId>
    <artifactId>proton-j</artifactId>
    <version>0.27.3</version>
  </dependency>

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Qpid Proton-J 0.27.3 (RC2)

Posted by Robbie Gemmell <ro...@gmail.com>.
On 2 August 2018 at 18:19, Robbie Gemmell <ro...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I have put together a second spin for a Qpid Proton-J 0.27.3 release,
> please test it and vote accordingly.
>
> The files can be grabbed from:
> https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/qpid/proton-j/0.27.3-rc2/
>
> The maven artifacts are staged for now at:
> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapacheqpid-1153
>
> The JIRAs assigned are:
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?projectId=12313720&version=12343802
>
> If you are looking at the tag (0.27.3), remember that it has been
> deleted and replaced since RC1, you may need to refresh your checkout.
>
> Regards,
> Robbie
>
> P.S. If you want to test things out using maven with your own build
> you can temporarily add this to your poms to access the staging repo:
>
>   <repositories>
>     <repository>
>       <id>staging</id>
>       <url>https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapacheqpid-1153</url>
>     </repository>
>   </repositories>
>
> The dependency for proton-j would then be:
>
>   <dependency>
>     <groupId>org.apache.qpid</groupId>
>     <artifactId>proton-j</artifactId>
>     <version>0.27.3</version>
>   </dependency>

+1

I checked things over as follows:
- Verified the signature and checksum files.
- Checked for LICENCE and NOTICE files in the archives.
- Verified the licence headers with mvn apache-rat:check.
- Ran the build and tests from source archive (with + without PN_TRACE_FRM).
- Used the staged bits with the Qpid JMS master build and tests.
- Did a binary diff of the archive contents with RC1 to verify that
only the expected source and class files had changed (+ build
timestamp differences).

Robbie

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Qpid Proton-J 0.27.3 (RC2)

Posted by Timothy Bish <ta...@gmail.com>.
On 08/02/2018 01:19 PM, Robbie Gemmell wrote:
> I have put together a second spin for a Qpid Proton-J 0.27.3 release,
> please test it and vote accordingly.
>
> The files can be grabbed from:
> https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/qpid/proton-j/0.27.3-rc2/
>
> The maven artifacts are staged for now at:
> https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapacheqpid-1153
>
> The JIRAs assigned are:
> https://issues.apache.org/jira/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?projectId=12313720&version=12343802
>
> If you are looking at the tag (0.27.3), remember that it has been
> deleted and replaced since RC1, you may need to refresh your checkout.
>
> Regards,
> Robbie
>
> P.S. If you want to test things out using maven with your own build
> you can temporarily add this to your poms to access the staging repo:
>
>    <repositories>
>      <repository>
>        <id>staging</id>
>        <url>https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapacheqpid-1153</url>
>      </repository>
>    </repositories>
>
> The dependency for proton-j would then be:
>
>    <dependency>
>      <groupId>org.apache.qpid</groupId>
>      <artifactId>proton-j</artifactId>
>      <version>0.27.3</version>
>    </dependency>

+1

* Checked signatures and checksums
* Built from source and ran tests
* Built Qpid JMS using staged bits and ran all tests
* Built ActiveMQ 5.x using staged bits and ran all AMQP tests.

--
Tim Bish
twitter: @tabish121

Re: [VOTE] Release Apache Qpid Proton-J 0.27.3 (RC2)

Posted by Keith W <ke...@gmail.com>.
(Testing result sent after vote closed.  My vote won't appear in the tally)

+1
* Verified signatures and checksums
* Checked for LICENCE and NOTICE files in the archives.
* Built and ran tests from source bundle (Java1.8.0_181-b13 Mac OS X 10.11.6)
* Ran Broker-J's JMS client integration test suites against Qpid JMS
Client 0.35.0 overridden with the staged proton artifact Qpid master
build (mvn integration-test -DskipTests -DskipITs=false)

Posted by Oleksandr Rudyy <or...@gmail.com>.
+1