Posted to dev@flex.apache.org by Oleg Konovalov <ol...@gmail.com> on 2014/10/23 22:55:53 UTC

Flex3 module in Flex4 FB project

Hi,

We currently have a legacy Flex3 app with Cairngorm which we would like to
bring into the Flex4 app with Parsley 2.4.
Is it possible to put that Flex3 code as module into Flex4 project in FB
4.5.1?

Is it possible to incorporate that Flex3 module as an item in Flex4 menu
(using 3rd party component) ?

Is it possible to get interaction between this Flex3 module and Flex4
items, like user selects a row of data on one side, and shows it in another
view via XML data?

Please advise.

TIA,
Oleg

Re: Flex3 module in Flex4 FB project

Posted by Oleg Konovalov <ol...@gmail.com>.
I think, the main Flex3->4 effort would be in converting all Cairngorm code
there to Parsley 2.4.
Is there an easy way to do that?

TIA,
Oleg.

--
Thank you,

Posted by Curtis Aube <cu...@piematrix.com>.

Posted by Alex Harui <ah...@adobe.com>.
I would not expect a Flex 3 module to work in a Flex 4 app.  Such a
configuration is not supported.  I suppose the probability of it working
is non-zero, but it should be a very small number.

You can use Marshall Plan techniques to load sub-apps but not modules.
Modules are too likely to have API dependencies on things that have
changed from Flex 3 to Flex 4.

-Alex