Posted to dev@spark.apache.org by Zhiwei Chan <z....@gmail.com> on 2015/01/13 16:59:03 UTC

Unable to find configuration file at location scalastyle-config.xml

Hi everyone,
  I am newly to spark, and try to package the spark-core for some
modification.  I use IDEA to package the spark-core_2.10 of spark 1.1.1.
When encounter the following error, I  check the website
http://www.scalastyle.org/maven.html, and its suggest configuration is to
modify the spark-parent.pom and add a
 ${basedir}to the <configLocation> and <outputFile> of
scalastyle-maven-plugin, but it doesn't work. I solve this error by cocpy
the config file to core directory, but, is there any other better solution?

[ERROR] Failed to execute goal
org.scalastyle:scalastyle-maven-plugin:0.4.0:check (default) on project
spark-core_2.10: Failed during scalastyle execution: Unable to find
configuration file at location scalastyle-config.xml -> [Help 1]
[ERROR]

Re: Unable to find configuration file at location scalastyle-config.xml

Posted by Sean Owen <so...@cloudera.com>.
-dev, +user

I don't think you want to package Spark with anything except the
provided build for Maven or SBT.

I don't see this error when building Spark. You should not need to
modify any configuration, as the configuration points to
scalastyle-config.xml in the root of the proejct, and that is where
the file is.

If that doesn't make sense maybe you can talk about what you are
trying to achieve.