Posted to dev@bigtop.apache.org by Konstantin Boudnik <co...@apache.org> on 2013/03/17 19:30:23 UTC

[VOTE] Bigtop 0.3.1: target release date, supported platforms, bill of materials

I propose to move forward with 0.3.1 release in a slightly modified shape:
Hadoop 1.1.2 has been out and it makes sense to rebase the release onto it.
Please vote on the Bill-Of-Materials below. Thank you!

Please vote on the proposed content for 0.3.1 release. The vote will
close on Monday 3/25/13 at 11:59pm PST. This is just a VOTE thread.

Release date:
   * May 2013

Supported platforms
   * CentOS 6.1
   * Fedora 15
   * OpenSUSE 11.4
   * Ubuntu LTS Lucid 10.04

Proposed bill of materials:
  * HCatalog 0.4.0 (upgrade)
  * Sqoop 1.4.1
  * Zookeeper 3.4.3
  * Hadoop 1.1.2 (upgrade)
  * HBase 0.92
  * Oozie 3.3.1 (upgrade)
  * Whirr 0.7.1
  * Hive 0.9.0
  * Pig 0.9.2
  * Mahout 0.6.1
  * Flume 1.2
  * Spark 0.5.0

Re: [VOTE] Bigtop 0.3.1: target release date, supported platforms, bill of materials

Posted by Alejandro Abdelnur <tu...@cloudera.com>.
+1

--
Alejandro

Re: [VOTE] Bigtop 0.3.1: target release date, supported platforms, bill of materials

Posted by Roman Shaposhnik <rv...@apache.org>.

Posted by Giridharan Kesavan <gk...@hortonworks.com>.
+1

Posted by Bruno Mahé <bm...@apache.org>.
On 03/18/2013 10:00 AM, Konstantin Boudnik wrote:
> A correction (thanks Roman for pointing out that 15th is too old):
> -    * Fedora 15
> +    * Fedora 18
>
> On Sun, Mar 17, 2013 at 11:30AM, Konstantin Boudnik wrote:
>> I propose to move forward with 0.3.1 release in a slightly modified shape:
>> Hadoop 1.1.2 has been out and it makes sense to rebase the release onto it.
>> Please vote on the Bill-Of-Materials below. Thank you!
>>
>> Please vote on the proposed content for 0.3.1 release. The vote will
>> close on Monday 3/25/13 at 11:59pm PST. This is just a VOTE thread.
>>
>> Release date:
>>     * May 2013
>>
>> Supported platforms
>>     * CentOS 6.1
>>     * Fedora 15
>>     * OpenSUSE 11.4
>>     * Ubuntu LTS Lucid 10.04
>>
>> Proposed bill of materials:
>>    * HCatalog 0.4.0 (upgrade)
>>    * Sqoop 1.4.1
>>    * Zookeeper 3.4.3
>>    * Hadoop 1.1.2 (upgrade)
>>    * HBase 0.92
>>    * Oozie 3.3.1 (upgrade)
>>    * Whirr 0.7.1
>>    * Hive 0.9.0
>>    * Pig 0.9.2
>>    * Mahout 0.6.1
>>    * Flume 1.2
>>    * Spark 0.5.0

+1

Re: [VOTE] Bigtop 0.3.1: target release date, supported platforms, bill of materials

Posted by Konstantin Boudnik <co...@apache.org>.

Re: [DISCUSS] Bigtop 0.3.1: target release date, supported platforms, bill of materials

Posted by Roman Shaposhnik <rv...@apache.org>.
On Mon, Mar 18, 2013 at 9:31 AM, Konstantin Boudnik <co...@apache.org> wrote:
> Any input is good - I have no idea what's the current version of Fedora,
> sorry.

Fedora 18.

Thanks,
Roman.

Re: [DISCUSS] Bigtop 0.3.1: target release date, supported platforms, bill of materials

Posted by Konstantin Boudnik <co...@apache.org>.
Any input is good - I have no idea what's the current version of Fedora,
sorry.

Cos

Posted by Roman Shaposhnik <rv...@apache.org>.

Posted by Konstantin Boudnik <co...@apache.org>.
With
    3 +1 (binding)
    1 +1 (non-binding)
    0 -1

the vote has passed. Thanks everyone for the vote. Unleash the release!
  Cos