Posted to users@jackrabbit.apache.org by rossputin <ro...@yahoo.co.uk> on 2009/01/15 17:04:49 UTC

Plain text searching in jackrabbit 1.4

Hi Guys.

Hoping you can help me, has anyone successfully searched on text/plain type
documents?  My searches are working on all other mime types, but this simple
one is eluding me.  My set up is :

name="textFilterClasses"
value="...OpenOfficeTextExtractor,org.apache.jackrabbit.extractor.PlainTextExtractor,org.apache.jackrabbit.extractor.RTFTextExtractor.."
name="extractorPoolSize " value="2"
name="supportHighlighting" value="true"

So I added the PlainTextExtractor in just before RTFTextExtractor.

In addition, I checked the text file is saved in utf-8.  I am running this
on OSX Leopard java.

Thanks in advance for your help,

regards,

Ross

Re: Plain text searching in jackrabbit 1.4

Posted by rossputin <ro...@yahoo.co.uk>.
Hi.

I upgraded to use version 1.5.0 of jackrabbit-core, api, commons, jcr-server
and jcr-rmi in my pom.xml a few days ago and I am still experiencing this
problem.  I checked that the 1.5.0 version of jackrabbit-text-extractors has
also been downloaded into my local maven repository.

I am creating the text file in TextMate on my mac.. is it possible the
encoding is not being recognized?  I am setting it to UTF-8.

Thanks for your help,

regards,

Ross

Posted by Alexander Klimetschek <ak...@day.com>.