Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by "Expertsites, Inc." <sp...@expertsites.com> on 2006/08/26 02:58:47 UTC

Re: [Devel-spam] FuzzyOcr 2.3b released,fixes bugs and improves stability

From: "decoder" <de...@own-hero.net>

> Hello,
>

> I just uploaded FuzzyOcr 2.3b to the download site. If you find bugs
> or run into problems, please mail back :)

This release failed to recognize the sample png.eml file with logfile error
message:
Debug mode: Image type not recognized, unknown format. Skipping this
image...

I resolved this problem by changing one line in FuzzyOcr.pm

Changed:
elsif ( substr($picture_data,0,5) eq "\x89\x50\x4e\x47" ) {
To read:
elsif ( substr($picture_data,0,4) eq "\x89\x50\x4e\x47" ) {
                                                   ^

Tom Green
--
Expertsites, Inc.

Re: [Devel-spam] FuzzyOcr 2.3b released,fixes bugs and improves stability

Posted by decoder <de...@own-hero.net>.

Re: [Devel-spam] FuzzyOcr 2.3b released,fixes bugs and improves stability

Posted by jdow <jd...@earthlink.net>.
From: "decoder" <de...@own-hero.net>

> Expertsites, Inc. wrote:
>> From: "decoder" <de...@own-hero.net>
>>
>>> Hello,
>>>

>>> I just uploaded FuzzyOcr 2.3b to the download site. If you find
>>> bugs or run into problems, please mail back :)
>>
>> This release failed to recognize the sample png.eml file with
>> logfile error message: Debug mode: Image type not recognized,
>> unknown format. Skipping this image...
>>
>> I resolved this problem by changing one line in FuzzyOcr.pm
>>
>> Changed: elsif ( substr($picture_data,0,5) eq "\x89\x50\x4e\x47" )
>> { To read: elsif ( substr($picture_data,0,4) eq "\x89\x50\x4e\x47"
>> ) { ^
>>
>> Tom Green -- Expertsites, Inc.
>>

> Thank you for reporting this... seems I cant count bytes anymore ;)
>
> For anyone who is downloading this past this message, the tarball has
> been updated...

As someone else pointed out - it has not been updated. I just checked,
Chris.

{^_^}

Re: [Devel-spam] FuzzyOcr 2.3b released,fixes bugs and improves stability

Posted by decoder <de...@own-hero.net>.

Re: [Devel-spam] FuzzyOcr 2.3b released,fixes bugs and improves stability

Posted by Gary V <mr...@hotmail.com>.
>Hello,
>

>I just uploaded FuzzyOcr 2.3b to the download site. If you find
>bugs or run into problems, please mail back :)

The jpeg.eml and png.eml samples failed to provide FuzzyOcr hits on my
system because the messages scored higher than the default
focr_autodisable_score. You should mention in the README file in the samples
directory that you may need to temporarily raise the focr_autodisable_score
while testing.

Gary V

Re: [Devel-spam] FuzzyOcr 2.3b released,fixes bugs and improves stability

Posted by decoder <de...@own-hero.net>.