Posted to slide-user@jakarta.apache.org by Wong Kam Lai <kl...@onk.cintec.cuhk.edu.hk> on 2003/03/21 03:08:22 UTC

Config Realm Problem with Tomcat 4.0.12

I've config with server.xml by replacing

<Realm className="org.apache.catalina.realm.MemoryRealm"/>
with
<Realm className="wrappers.catalina.SlideRealm"/>

However, the following error prompts out ..

        at
        at
        at org.apache.catalina.startup.Bootstrap.main(Bootstrap.java:243)
Caused
by: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: org/apache/catalina/realm/RealmBase
        at
java.security.SecureClassLoader.defineClass(SecureClassLoader.java:123)
        at java.net.URLClassLoader.defineClass(URLClassLoader.java:250)
        at java.net.URLClassLoader.access$100(URLClassLoader.java:54)

I think that some of you may face this problems before, do you have a
solution to it? Thanks

Re: Permission setting for child directories

Posted by Martin Holz <ho...@fiz-chemie.de>.
filespath is defined three times. I wonder, that slide is working at all.
Not sure, if this is the only reason of your problems. Domain.xml is one
of the most frightening parts of slide.

--
Martin Holz     <ho...@fiz-chemie.de>

Softwareentwicklung / Vernetztes Studium - Chemie
FIZ CHEMIE Berlin
Franklinstrasse 11
D-10587 Berlin

Re: Permission setting for child directories

Posted by Wong Kam Lai <kl...@onk.cintec.cuhk.edu.hk>.
> What is the behaviour of slide with this configuration?
But I can use other user account to access the /cnc/cidax

I've now added a new line under manage permission
          <permission
action="/actions/read" subject="/users/wah" inheritable="false"/>

Maybe I attach my Domain.xml as well.. Thanks

Posted by Wong Kam Lai <kl...@onk.cintec.cuhk.edu.hk>.
I have now a filepath /cnc and a child node /cnc/cidax, I have also some
users 'anson,'wah', and a group called 'CNC'. Now, they have right to
access /cnc with different permission level, and I want to set the
permission such that only 'wah' has the right to access /cnc/cidax. How to
set this? I've tried the 'inheritable' in Domain.xml but I fail. What's
the problem?

        <objectnode classname="org.apache.slide.structure.SubjectNode"
         uri="/cnc" >

          <!-- ### Give read/write/manage permission to guest ###
               Uncomment the following line to give permission to do
               all actions on /cnc to guest (unauthenticated users) -->
          <!-- <permission action="/actions" subject="/users/guest"/> -->

          <permission
action="/actions/manage" subject="/users/wah" inheritable="false"/>
          <permission
action="/actions/read" subject="+/users/CNC" inheritable="false"/>
          <permission
action="/actions/write" subject="+/users/CNC" inheritable="false"/>
          <permission
action="/actions/read" subject="/users/anson" inheritable="false"/>
<!--          <permission action="/actions/read" subject="nobody"/>-->

        </objectnode>

        <objectnode classname="org.apache.slide.structure.SubjectNode"
         uri="/cnc/cidax">

          <!-- ### Give read/write/manage permission to guest ###
               Uncomment the following line to give permission to do
               all actions on /cnc/cidax to guest (unauthenticated

Re: Config Realm Problem with Tomcat 4.0.12

Posted by Wong Kam Lai <kl...@onk.cintec.cuhk.edu.hk>.
On 21 Mar 2003, Martin Holz wrote:

> Wong Kam Lai <kl...@onk.cintec.cuhk.edu.hk> writes:
>
> > I've config with server.xml by replacing
> >
> > <Realm className="org.apache.catalina.realm.MemoryRealm"/>
> > with
> > <Realm className="wrappers.catalina.SlideRealm"/>
> >
> > However, the following error prompts out ..
> >
> > java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException
> >         at
> > sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:39)
> >         at
>
> Did you move the slide jars to CATALINA_HOME/common/lib ?
> Tomcat itself must find the slide classes at startup.
Yes already .

Re: Config Realm Problem with Tomcat 4.0.12

Posted by Martin Holz <ho...@fiz-chemie.de>.