Posted to rampart-dev@ws.apache.org by Sanjay Vivek <Sa...@newcastle.ac.uk> on 2008/02/29 14:06:26 UTC

Error when obtaining UsernameToken information from a different class.

Hi all,

I've a policy based service that returns the UsernameToken information
of the authenticated user. However, I wish to obtain the UsenameToken
information from a separate class as shown below:

public class PolicyEchoService {

	public String echo() {

        AuthUser authuser = new AuthUser();
        String user = authuser.getAuth();

        return("The authenticated user was" + user);

	}
}//end of PolicyEchoService

Where the AuthUser.java:

public class AuthUser {

	public String getAuth() {

	  //user variable
        String user=null;

        MessageContext msgCtx =
MessageContext.getCurrentMessageContext();
        Vector results = null;
        if ((results = (Vector) msgCtx
                .getProperty(WSHandlerConstants.RECV_RESULTS)) == null)
{
            System.out.println("No security results!!");
            throw new RuntimeException("No security results!!");
        } else {
            System.out.println("Number of results: " + results.size());
            for (int i = 0; i < results.size(); i++) {
                WSHandlerResult rResult = (WSHandlerResult)
results.get(i);
                Vector wsSecEngineResults = rResult.getResults();

                for (int j = 0; j < wsSecEngineResults.size(); j++) {
                    WSSecurityEngineResult wser =
(WSSecurityEngineResult) wsSecEngineResults.get(j);
                    if (wser.getAction() == WSConstants.UT
                            && wser.getPrincipal() != null) {

                        //Extract the principal
                        WSUsernameTokenPrincipal principal =
(WSUsernameTokenPrincipal)wser.getPrincipal();

                        //Get user/pass
                        user = principal.getName();

                    }
                }
            }

            return user;
        }

    }//end of getAuth

}// end of AuthUser

So basically my PolicyEchoService.aar is:

 +META-INF
   	-services.xml

 +policy
  	- PolicyEchoService.class
  	- AuthUser.class
  	- PWHandler.class

However, when I try to call the service with my client, I get the
following exceptions:

Exception in thread "main" org.apache.axis2.AxisFault: Message Receiver
not found for AxisOperation: echo
	at
org.apache.axis2.util.Utils.getInboundFaultFromMessageContext(Utils.java
:486)
	at
org.apache.axis2.description.OutInAxisOperationClient.handleResponse(Out
InAxisOperation.java:343)
	at
org.apache.axis2.description.OutInAxisOperationClient.send(OutInAxisOper
ation.java:389)
	at
org.apache.axis2.description.OutInAxisOperationClient.executeImpl(OutInA
xisOperation.java:211)
	at
org.apache.axis2.client.OperationClient.execute(OperationClient.java:163
)
	at
org.apache.axis2.client.ServiceClient.sendReceive(ServiceClient.java:528
)
	at
org.apache.axis2.client.ServiceClient.sendReceive(ServiceClient.java:508
)
	at
org.apache.rampart.altpolicy.CommandLineClient.main(CommandLineClient.ja
va:66)

What am I doing wrong? Any pointers will be very helpful. I've also
provided my client below. Cheers.

public class Client {

    private static EndpointReference targetEPR =
        new EndpointReference(

"http://pod.ncl.ac.uk:8083/axis2/services/AltPolicyService");

    private static String confPath = "C:\\rampart\\policy";

        ConfigurationContext ctx =
        	ConfigurationContextFactory.

createConfigurationContextFromFileSystem(confPath,null);

        ServiceClient client = new ServiceClient(ctx, null);
        Options options = new Options();
        options.setAction("urn:echo");
        options.setTo(targetEPR);
        options.setProperty(RampartMessageData.KEY_RAMPART_POLICY,
loadPolicy( confPath + "/conf/policy.xml"));

        //this username is authenticated against the PWHandlerClient
class
        options.setUserName("sanjay");
        client.setOptions(options);

        client.engageModule("addressing");
        client.engageModule("rampart");

        OMElement result = client.sendReceive(getPayload());

        String response = result.getFirstElement().getText();
        System.out.println(response);
    }

    private static Policy loadPolicy(String xmlPath) throws Exception {
        StAXOMBuilder builder = new StAXOMBuilder(xmlPath);
        return PolicyEngine.getPolicy(builder.getDocumentElement());
    }

    private static OMElement getPayload() {
        OMFactory factory = OMAbstractFactory.getOMFactory();
        OMNamespace ns =
factory.createOMNamespace("http://policy.rampart.apache.org","ns1");
        OMElement elem = factory.createOMElement("echo", ns);

        return elem;
    }

}

Regards