Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by PhDJ <ph...@gmail.com> on 2010/05/06 13:21:05 UTC

Matching rules

Can anyone tell me where to find an explanation how the matching rules work ?

We got a mail that was not spam but got listed as spam, it was a reply on
one of our generated mails, now we want to prevent Mailwatch from blocking
it.

These are the matching Rules and the score it got :

Score Matching Rule                         Description
0.00   HTML_MESSAGE                   HTML included in message
1.26   HTML_TAG_BALANCE_BODY HTML has unbalanced "body" tags
1.45   MSGID_MULTIPLE_AT            Message-ID contains multiple '@'
characters
0.60   SPF_SOFTFAIL                      SPF: sender does not match SPF
record (softfail)
2.00   TRACKER_ID                         Incorporates a tracking ID number

But what do they mean, what does "HTML has unbalanced "body" tags " mean for
example ?

Re: Matching rules

Posted by Frank Heydlauf <fh...@lf.net>.

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=HTML_TAG_BALANCE_BODY

--
Regards Frank

Re: Matching rules

Posted by PhDJ <ph...@gmail.com>.
Haha, that is a good website, first time I saw that one  :-D

I always use Google first, forums or mailing lists are always second, but in
this case I googled the text of the message and not it's code and that did
not get me where I wanted to be.

Thanks for guiding me in the good direction !