Posted to user@spark.apache.org by Adrian Bridgett <ad...@opensignal.com> on 2016/08/18 09:35:30 UTC

2.0.1/2.1.x release dates

Just wondering if there were any rumoured release dates for either of
the above.  I'm seeing some odd hangs with 2.0.0 and mesos (and I know
that the mesos integration has had a bit of updating in 2.1.x).
Looking at JIRA, there's no suggested release date and issues seem to be
added to a release version once resolved so the usual trick of looking
at the resolved/unresolved ratio isn't helping :-)  The wiki only
mentions 2.0.0 so no joy there either.

Still doing testing but then I don't want to test with 2.1.x if it's
going to be under heavy development for a while longer.

Thanks for any info,

Adrian

Re: 2.0.1/2.1.x release dates

Posted by Michael Gummelt <mg...@mesosphere.io>.
Adrian,

We haven't had any reports of hangs on Mesos in 2.0, so it's likely that if
you wait until the release, your problem still won't be solved unless you
file a bug.  Can you create a JIRA so we can look into it?

On Thu, Aug 18, 2016 at 2:40 AM, Sean Owen <so...@cloudera.com> wrote:

> Historically, minor releases happen every ~4 months, and maintenance
> releases are a bit ad hoc but come about a month after the minor
> release. It's up to the release manager to decide to do them but maybe
> realistic to expect 2.0.1 in early September.
>
> On Thu, Aug 18, 2016 at 10:35 AM, Adrian Bridgett <ad...@opensignal.com>
> wrote:
> > Just wondering if there were any rumoured release dates for either of the
> > above.  I'm seeing some odd hangs with 2.0.0 and mesos (and I know that
> the
> > mesos integration has had a bit of updating in 2.1.x).   Looking at JIRA,
> > there's no suggested release date and issues seem to be added to a
> release
> > version once resolved so the usual trick of looking at the
> > resolved/unresolved ratio isn't helping :-)  The wiki only mentions
> 2.0.0 so
> > no joy there either.
> >
> > Still doing testing but then I don't want to test with 2.1.x if it's
> going
> > to be under heavy development for a while longer.
> >
> > Thanks for any info,
> >
> > Adrian

Michael Gummelt
Software Engineer