Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Brian Freeman <bf...@sn.com> on 2002/06/20 21:49:53 UTC

Sending url in querystring

I have an application written on tomcat 3.2.3.  A majority of the pages pass fully qualified url's as parameter values on the querystring (ex. testpage.jsp?pageName=http://www.someserver.com/test.jsp).  This all worked fine in tomcat 3.2.3.  However, since I've upgraded to tomcat 4.0.3, this no longer works.  I have read some posts in various newsgroups suggesting methods such as URLEncoding the pagename, and although this may work, it would consist of a sizable effort (there are around 70 pages that would have to be updated).  Before I tackle this, I was hoping somebody might know of a way to get tomcat 4.0.3 to allow urls's (particularly the "//" portion of the string) to pass through a querystring without having to urlencode or any other method that would alter the text.  Are there any special server settings or propery files I could alter?  Any java files from the tomcat source I could mofify?

Brian Freeman

Re: Sending url in querystring

Posted by anette mysel <ca...@cox.net>.
Please stop emailing me. i am not a member of tomcat, nor do I know anything
about them. I have emailed them several time to ask them to remove me from
their member mailing list, but they have failed to do so. I have recieved
many emails from tomcat members that have had a virus attached to them.
Please stop emailing me.
   Thank you!