Posted to dev@turbine.apache.org by Narayanan Natarajan <na...@nonhp-sg.exch.hp.com> on 2001/06/25 10:35:14 UTC

Re: OracleDriver not implemented

  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Narayanan Natarajan
  To: david@bluesunrise.com
  Cc: Narayanan Natarajan
  Sent: Monday, June 25, 2001 4:24 PM
  Subject: Re: OracleDriver not implemented

    ----- Original Message -----
    From: David Sean Taylor
    To: 'Narayanan Natarajan'
    Sent: Monday, June 25, 2001 3:13 PM

    Narayanan,

    Please send these emails to the Jetspeed User List so that other users may also benefit from your experiences.
    >> Already I have sent that..

    For instance, many people may be interested in knowing how to configure Jetspeed to run on HP Bluestone?
    Could you send us a FAQ describing any special installation procedures?
    >> I will dot that....

    > For connection with Oracle, is it needed to modify the Java File- JLogin User?

    What version of Jetspeed are you using?
    >> Jetspeed Configuration
    Version: $Id: jetspeed-config.jcfg,v 1.13 2001/04/03 00:28:18 raphael Exp $

    Authors: Kevin A. Burton (burton@apache.org)

         I have done the following changes when I created  the tables.

    *** After creating the table Turbine_user(as per the script - with userID Not Null) and tried to insert the data through GUI.
    At that time, the error "Cannot Insert Null values to UserID". That's why I dropped that table and created new Turbine user which accepts Null Values...
        Whether it will be the impact for my problem. If so, what is the solution for "Cannot Insert Null values to UserID"

    *** I have executed the command by command which are described in the attached scripts excluding the Drop Constraints.

    #### Last time I haven't renamed the classes12.zip.It has generated the error which I included in my earlier mail....

    When I renamed that file, I am getting the folowing Error....................

Horrible Exception: java.lang.Error: Error in BasePeer.initTableSchema(TURBINE_USER): No suitable driver
	at org.apache.turbine.om.peer.BasePeer.initTableSchema(BasePeer.java:207)
	at org.apache.turbine.om.peer.BasePeer.initTableSchema(BasePeer.java:167)
	at org.apache.turbine.om.security.peer.TurbineUserPeer.<clinit>(TurbineUserPeer.java:165)
	at org.apache.turbine.services.security.db.DBUserManager.retrieve(DBUserManager.java:157)
	at org.apache.turbine.services.security.db.DBUserManager.retrieve(DBUserManager.java:238)
	at org.apache.turbine.services.security.BaseSecurityService.getAuthenticatedUser(BaseSecurityService.java:320)
	at org.apache.turbine.services.security.TurbineSecurity.getAuthenticatedUser(TurbineSecurity.java:224)
	at org.apache.turbine.modules.actions.LoginUser.doPerform(LoginUser.java:103)
	at org.apache.turbine.modules.Action.perform(Action.java:89)
	at org.apache.turbine.modules.ActionLoader.exec(ActionLoader.java:122)
	at org.apache.jetspeed.modules.actions.JLoginUser.doPerform(JLoginUser.java:226)
	at org.apache.turbine.modules.Action.perform(Action.java:89)
	at org.apache.turbine.modules.ActionLoader.exec(ActionLoader.java:122)
	at org.apache.turbine.Turbine.doGet(Turbine.java, Compiled Code)
	at org.apache.turbine.Turbine.doPost(Turbine.java:505)
	at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:772)
	at SaApi.servlet.SaServletUtils.serviceRequest(SaServletUtils.java:2295)
	at SaApi.servlet.SaServletUtils.processServletRequest(SaServletUtils.java, Compiled Code)
	at SaApi.servlet.SaServletInvokerApp.SaProcessInputStream(SaServletInvokerApp.java:365)
	at SaApi.servlet.SaServletInvokerApp.handleClient(SaServletInvokerApp.java:178)
	at SaApi.SaApp.processRequest(SaApp.java:1335)
	at SaApi.SaSamUbsContext.processActivator(SaSamUbsContext.java:1676)
	at SaApi.SaSamUbsContext.queueActivator(SaSamUbsContext.java, Compiled Code)
	at SaApi.SaSamUbsContext.processActivator(SaSamUbsContext.java:1537)
	at SaApi.SaSamUbsContext.processRequest(SaSamUbsContext.java:2001)
	at SaApi.SaSamUbsContext.execute(SaSamUbsContext.java:2156)
	at SaApi.SaThreadPool$Worker.run(SaThreadPool.java, Compiled Code)
	at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:479)
<U><STRONG><FONT color=#ff00ff face=Arial>Can you please get back to me to solve this problem  asap?</FONT></STRONG></U>
<FONT color=#ff00ff face=Arial><STRONG><U>Please try to provide step by step procedure to integrate the Jetspeed/Turbine with Oracle in detail so that I will cross-check whether I missed anythig or not..</U></STRONG></FONT>

<FONT face=Arial>Kind Regards,</FONT>
<FONT face=Arial>N.Natarajan</FONT>

    With the latest cvs head, you shouldn't have to change any code.
    Read my recent email from 10 minutes ago, entitled "Database scripts out of date"

    If you are using Oracle, again, I recommend getting the latest cvs head

    Hope that helps,

    David Sean Taylor
    taylor@apache.org
    http://jakarta.apache.org/jetspeed