Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Edward Hibbert <Ed...@dataconnection.com> on 2005/07/25 13:30:28 UTC

Suppressing exceptions in the Tomcat logs?

I have some JSP which throws an exception, which Tomcat then logs.  We
catch that exception and deal with it, so I don't want it logged.
Previously we've changed the Tomcat code to avoid logging this
particular exception, but I'm trying to avoid doing that, so that I
don't need to provide my own Tomcat distribution.

I notice that Tomcat 5 already suppresses logs for ClientAbortException.
So I have two questions:

a) Is there any other way short of code change that allows me to
suppress logging of specific exceptions?

b) Is it going to be possible, or a nightmare, to try to throw a
ClientAbortException (with my own exception inside it) as a way of
ensuring the exception doesn't get logged?

Thanks for any help,

Edward.