Posted to users@maven.apache.org by José Manuel Prieto <jo...@prietopalacios.net> on 2012/02/20 11:22:06 UTC

problem scm in superPOM

Hi,

I try configure to scm (for mvn release:prepare release:perform ) in my
enterprise superPOM. But I have a problem.

mySuperPom.xml (pom.xml)
<properties>
 <git.url>scm:git:ssh://git@192.168.1.18:/home/git/proyectos/</git.url>
<dot.git>.git</dot.git>
 </properties>

<scm>
<url>${git.url}${project.name}${dot.git}</url>
 <connection>${git.url}${project.name}${dot.git}</connection>
<developerConnection>${git.url}${project.name
}${dot.git}</developerConnection>
 </scm>

myPom.xml (pom.xml)
<properties>
 <project.name>nasa_cierrestaquillasexportacion</project.name>
</properties>

myEffectivePOM.xml (pom.xml)
  <scm>
 <connection>scm:git:ssh://git@192.168.1.18:
/home/git/proyectos/nasa_cierrestaquillasexportacion.git/nasa_cierrestaquillasexportacion</connection>
 <developerConnection>scm:git:ssh://git@192.168.1.18:
/home/git/proyectos/nasa_cierrestaquillasexportacion.git/nasa_cierrestaquillasexportacion</developerConnection>
<url>scm:git:ssh://git@192.168.1.18:
/home/git/proyectos/nasa_cierrestaquillasexportacion.git/nasa_cierrestaquillasexportacion</url>
  </scm>

The question is, why put at the end?:
scm:git:ssh://git@192.168.1.18:
/home/git/proyectos/nasa_cierrestaquillasexportacion.git/nasa_cierrestaquillasexportacion
instead of:
scm:git:ssh://git@192.168.1.18:
/home/git/proyectos/nasa_cierrestaquillasexportacion.git
why add /nasa_cierrestaquillasexportacion?

If I put scm in myPom.xml all is correct.

Thanks
Jose Manuel Prieto

Re: problem scm in superPOM

Posted by José Manuel Prieto <jo...@prietopalacios.net>.
I find the solution. Thanks to Stephen.

mySuperPOM.xml (pom.xml)
<scm>
<url>${git.url}${project.artifactId}.git</url>
 <connection>${git.url}${project.artifactId}.git</connection>
<developerConnection>${git.url}$${project.artifactId}.git</developerConnection>
 </scm>
myPom.xml (pom.xml)
 <!-- nothing -->

Why?. I don't know. But I think if you put ${project.artifactId} the
element inherit not append artifactId because it has.

;)
Jose Manuel Prieto

Re: problem scm in superPOM

Posted by Mark Struberg <st...@yahoo.de>.
yup, there is already a maven model bug open for it.

Originally this behaviour got introduced as 'fix' for SVN a loooong time ago.
But you only need this if you like to do sparse releases anyway.
In that case please just duplicate the <scm> section to your child poms as well for now.

LieGrue,
strub

Re: problem scm in superPOM

Posted by Stephen Connolly <st...@gmail.com>.

Fwd: problem scm in superPOM

Re: problem scm in superPOM

Posted by José Manuel Prieto <jo...@prietopalacios.net>.
nop, not found, eclipse no refresh correctly.

sniff
Jose Manuel Prieto