Posted to log4j-user@logging.apache.org by Sreejith S <sr...@gmail.com> on 2017/04/20 13:35:40 UTC

Separate application logs from framework logs

Hi All,

I have an application running with in a framework. The framework has a
log4j.properties and assume its writing to a file. When i deploy my
application in framework the log file contains framework level logs plus
application logs.

But i want to have application level logs only in the log output file. Or
segregate application level logs from framework logs and write it
separately.

Is it possible ? If yes , what would be the approach ?

Thanks & Regards,
--

*Sreejith.S*
https://github.com/srijiths/

Re: Separate application logs from framework logs

Posted by Sreejith S <sr...@gmail.com>.
Hi

I tried having different appender for application and framework in this way.

Framework log properties

log4j.rootLogger=INFO, stdout,R

log4j.appender.stdout.layout.ConversionPattern=[%d] %p %m (%c:%L)%n

log4j.logger.org.apache.zookeeper=ERROR
log4j.logger.org.I0Itec.zkclient=ERROR

Application log properties which are part of the executable jar and its like

log4j.appender.R = org.apache.log4j.DailyRollingFileAppender
log4j.appender.R.File = logs/sample.log
log4j.appender.R.Append = true
log4j.appender.R.DatePattern = '.'yyy-MM-dd
log4j.appender.R.layout = org.apache.log4j.PatternLayout
log4j.appender.R.layout.ConversionPattern = %d{yyyy-MM-dd HH:mm:ss} %c{1}
[%p] %m%n

But what happens here is , the application log4j proeprties are overridden
by the framework properties and the second one has no effect at all.

Thank You,
Sreejith

--

*Sreejith.S*
https://github.com/srijiths/

Re: Separate application logs from framework logs

Posted by Christopher Schultz <ch...@christopherschultz.net>.
Sreejith,

Posted by Sreejith S <sr...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Chandra <ch...@rwth-aachen.de>.