Posted to log4j-user@logging.apache.org by "Cheung, Quinn" <QC...@rheinmetall.ca> on 2007/02/14 14:16:22 UTC

1.3alpha-8 question

We are looking at using the latest version of Chainsaw (version 2.0) in one of our projects. I noticed that it requires log4J version 1.3. Why is this still in alpha version and is there a release date for the final 1.3 version?  Are there any problems or things I should know about given that it is an alpha version?  One of my coworkers thinks we should look at other options since alpha versions are often unstable and haven't had the problems worked out yet.

Thanks for any information you can provide,

Quinn Cheung
qcheung@rheinmetall.ca