Posted to dev@maven.apache.org by burak sarac <bu...@linux.com> on 2015/06/23 01:58:19 UTC

Maven structure plugin

Hello All,
 Since few days I was working on a maven plugin to print project structure
in ascii format ignoring external dependencies. Plugin has 3
goal:modules,folders or files. You can get also detailed output or ignores
files by regex pattern. Currently its available on central repository (I
have commited 0.0.2 release, probably will be available in few hours). I am
not very social person so I didnt know where to share after I finish:) I
will be glad about your inputs also I would like to ask if there is any
possiblity to include my project into core maven plugins? If yes I am
willing to improve functionalities.

readme,example and source here:

https://github.com/buraksarac/MavenStructurePlugin

central repo:

http://search.maven.org/#search|ga|1|qunix

Thank you for your time
Best Regards
Burak

RE: Maven structure plugin

Posted by Sander Verhagen <sa...@sanderverhagen.net>.
Did you know there is an annotation-based way to specify the details of your mojos, instead of using the Javadoc. It's interesting that you include a junit dependency, yet there's not a single test. I commend everyone writing Maven plugins, though! Go, Maven! Did you have a specific use case in mind for your plugin?

Sander Verhagen
[  sander@sanderverhagen.net  ]

NOTICE: my e-mail address has changed. Please remove Verhagen@Sander.com now and start using Sander@SanderVerhagen.net from now on. Please update your address book. Thank  you!

Re: Maven structure plugin

Posted by Bernd Eckenfels <ec...@zusammenkunft.net>.
Hello,

thanks for the work.

Can you describe whats your  typical usecase is?

I think in your readme the last sample is not "detailed files" (but
c+p duplication).

I would recommend to make a linespacing=0,1,2 setting (no empty lines in
between, empty lines only between last child and next level and empty
lines between all entries)

Is outputDirectory actually an outputFile parameter? (like
dependency:tree uses).

Gruss
Bernd