Posted to users@myfaces.apache.org by "Bieringer, Dominik" <DB...@thegoldensource.com> on 2006/11/22 18:42:37 UTC

Very important JSF issue

Hi all,

I'm writing concerning two different problems:

Using MyFaces links are generated like the one below: (The following
code is rendered for just ONE LINK!!)

onclick="clear_mainBrowse_3AbrowseContent_3AbrowseListPage_3AbrowseListM
ain_3AbrowseListResults_3AbrowseListResultsForm();document.forms['mainBr
owse:browseContent:browseListPage:browseListMain:browseListResults:brows
eListResultsForm'].elements['autoScroll'].value=getScrolling();document.
forms['mainBrowse:browseContent:browseListPage:browseListMain:browseList
Results:browseListResultsForm'].elements['mainBrowse:browseContent:brows
eListPage:browseListMain:browseListResults:browseListResultsForm:_link_h
idden_'].value='mainBrowse:browseContent:browseListPage:browseListMain:b
rowseListResults:browseListResultsForm:listResults:11:panelPckLink:_idJs
p74';if(document.forms['mainBrowse:browseContent:browseListPage:browseLi
stMain:browseListResults:browseListResultsForm'].onsubmit){var
result=document.forms['mainBrowse:browseContent:browseListPage:browseLis
tMain:browseListResults:browseListResultsForm'].onsubmit();  if( (typeof
result == 'undefined') || result )
{document.forms['mainBrowse:browseContent:browseListPage:browseListMain:
browseListResults:browseListResultsForm'].submit();}}else{document.forms
['mainBrowse:browseContent:browseListPage:browseListMain:browseListResul
ts:browseListResultsForm'].submit();}return false;"
id="mainBrowse:browseContent:browseListPage:browseListMain:browseListRes
ults:browseListResultsForm:listResults:11:panelPckLink:_idJsp74">[A]</a>

... My page has several links on it (It's a dataTable with 50 rows and
having 4 links each row.... My page has a size of about 500KB !!!)...
What can I do about that? That's horrible... just imagine page loading
times for clients, having slow internet connections... think about
server traffic !?

Is there a way to avoid this 'mega links'? Maybe it's possible to tell
JSF to generate aliases for the long component identifiers? It would be
really nice if someone can help me with that...

Thanks in advance,

Dominik

Re: Very important JSF issue

Posted by Mario Ivankovits <ma...@ops.co.at>.
Hi Dominik,

Beside using the latest nightly and gzip, consider using shorter id=""
names, in your case this will have a great impact in page size ;-)

Ciao,
Mario

AW: Very important JSF issue

Posted by Bi...@gmx.net.
Hey, that's a good answer ;) Is this build stable? I will put it in
production within the next days...

Thx very much.
Dominik

Upgrade to the latest nightly build - link sizes are much smaller there.

regards,

Martin

On 11/22/06, Bieringer, Dominik <DB...@thegoldensource.com> wrote:

> Hi all,
>

> I'm writing concerning two different problems:
>

> Using MyFaces links are generated like the one below: (The following code
is
> rendered for just ONE LINK!!)

onclick="clear_mainBrowse_3AbrowseContent_3AbrowseListPage_3AbrowseListMain_
3AbrowseListResults_3AbrowseListResultsForm();document.forms['mainBrowse:bro
wseContent:browseListPage:browseListMain:browseListResults:browseListResults
Form'].elements['autoScroll'].value=getScrolling();document.forms['mainBrows
e:browseContent:browseListPage:browseListMain:browseListResults:browseListRe
sultsForm'].elements['mainBrowse:browseContent:browseListPage:browseListMain
:browseListResults:browseListResultsForm:_link_hidden_'].value='mainBrowse:b
rowseContent:browseListPage:browseListMain:browseListResults:browseListResul
tsForm:listResults:11:panelPckLink:_idJsp74';if(document.forms['mainBrowse:b
rowseContent:browseListPage:browseListMain:browseListResults:browseListResul
tsForm'].onsubmit){var

result=document.forms['mainBrowse:browseContent:browseListPage:browseListMai
n:browseListResults:browseListResultsForm'].onsubmit();
>  if( (typeof result == 'undefined') || result )

{document.forms['mainBrowse:browseContent:browseListPage:browseListMain:brow
seListResults:browseListResultsForm'].submit();}}else{document.forms['mainBr

--

http://www.irian.at

Your JSF powerhouse -
JSF Consulting, Development and
Courses in English and German

Professional Support for Apache MyFaces

AW: GZipping (was: Very important JSF issue)

Posted by Bi...@gmx.net.
Thx very much.. I've to try that today.

Dominik

RE: Very important JSF issue