Posted to users@kafka.apache.org by Snehalata Nagaje <sn...@harbingergroup.com> on 2013/10/08 14:41:44 UTC

kafka.common.UnknownTopicOrPartitionException

Hi ,

I am getting below exception when I consume any message from given topic, when I checked the log file,, topic is already exist in kafak server. still It is giving the exceptions.

kafka.common.UnknownTopicOrPartitionException: Topic topic_c7d4daa8-cdfd-40e6-b3de-a31b3ae30de9 partition 0 doesn't exist on 0
        at kafka.server.ReplicaManager.getLeaderReplicaIfLocal(ReplicaManager.scala:170)
        at kafka.server.KafkaApis$$anonfun$14.apply(KafkaApis.scala:330)
        at kafka.server.KafkaApis$$anonfun$14.apply(KafkaApis.scala:325)
        at scala.collection.TraversableLike$$anonfun$map$1.apply(TraversableLike.scala:206)
        at scala.collection.TraversableLike$$anonfun$map$1.apply(TraversableLike.scala:206)
        at scala.collection.immutable.Map$Map1.foreach(Map.scala:105)
        at scala.collection.TraversableLike$class.map(TraversableLike.scala:206)
        at scala.collection.immutable.Map$Map1.map(Map.scala:93)
        at kafka.server.KafkaApis.handleOffsetRequest(KafkaApis.scala:325)
        at kafka.server.KafkaApis.handle(KafkaApis.scala:62)
        at kafka.server.KafkaRequestHandler.run(KafkaRequestHandler.scala:41)
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:679)

This problem has started after changing the zookeeper instance , actually we have pointed kafka to new zookeeper instance.

Thanks,
Snehalata
Disclaimer:
This e-mail may contain Privileged/Confidential information and is intended only for the individual(s) named. Any review, retransmission, dissemination or other use of, or taking of any action in reliance upon this information by persons or entities other than the intended recipient is prohibited. Please notify the sender, if you have received this e-mail by mistake and delete it from your system. Information in this message that does not relate to the official business of the company shall be understood as neither given nor endorsed by it. E-mail transmission cannot be guaranteed to be secure or error-free. The sender does not accept liability for any errors or omissions in the contents of this message which arise as a result of e-mail transmission. If verification is required please request a hard-copy version. Visit us at http://www.harbingergroup.com/

Re: kafka.common.UnknownTopicOrPartitionException

Posted by Neha Narkhede <ne...@gmail.com>.
The state-change.log captures critical state change information about all
partitions in a Kafka cluster and we have
tools<https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/KAFKA/Replication+tools#Replicationtools-7.StateChangeLogMergerTool>that
you can use on the state-change.log to self troubleshoot any
state/leader election issues with particular partitions.

Posted by Snehalata Nagaje <sn...@harbingergroup.com>.

Posted by Monika Garg <ga...@gmail.com>.
Hi Snehalata
state-change log are automatically created if you are using kafka-0.8
version.

On Wed, Oct 9, 2013 at 10:42 AM, Snehalata Nagaje <
snehalata.nagaje@harbingergroup.com> wrote:

> Actually state-change log setting is not on. So could not find the
> state-change log.

>>> Snehalata

Posted by Snehalata Nagaje <sn...@harbingergroup.com>.

Posted by Jun Rao <ju...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Neha Narkhede <ne...@gmail.com>.
Can you please explain how to reproduce this by starting from a clean
zookeeper and kafka installation?

Thanks,
Neha
On Oct 8, 2013 5:42 AM, "Snehalata Nagaje" <