Posted to user@click.apache.org by Bob Schellink <sa...@gmail.com> on 2010/02/01 10:06:09 UTC

Re: Congratulations for Apache Click and some questions from a novice

Hi Andre,

On 1/02/2010 05:11 AM, André Gustavo Lomônaco wrote:

>     1) Is there any way to localize the menu.xml file, like
>
>   menu.xml
>   menu_pt_BR.xml
>   menu_fr.xml

Not currently, but definitely in the works. We just need to externalize the label and title
attributes into separate property files.

The DesktopMenu in ClickClick[1] works this way, but it is based on JQuery, so might not be what you
are after.

[1]:
http://code.google.com/p/clickclick/source/browse/trunk/clickclick/jquery-examples/src/net/sf/clickclick/examples/jquery/control/DesktopMenu.java

>      3)  I could use with success the click-charts-1.0.jar.
>          But when I tried to use the graphs inside the tabbed-panel-demo
> the $chart wasn't render. Is there any way for me do that ?

In your Page you need to create a Chart and add it to the target child Panel. Controls added to the
Panel will be made available to its template through its name. For example:

public class ChartPage extends Page {

   private TabbedPanel tabbedPanel = new TabbedPanel("tabbedPanel");

   private JSBarChart chart = new JSBarChart("chart", "Bar Graph");

   public void onInit() {
     Panel panel1 = new Panel("panel1", "panel/customersPanel1.htm");
     panel1.setLabel("The First Panel");
     tabbedPanel.add(panel1);

     panel1.add(chart); // <-- Add chart to the panel1 child
   }
}

>      4) My analyze takes time. I'm thing using a Progress Bar or
> something like that. Is there any control in click today which I can use
> to make a Progress Bar ??

There are a variety of ways to show progress from simply showing a busy gif until the page reloads
to a Ajax based progress bar. Another approach is do the analyzing asynchronously so that the
initial page is reloaded quickly, while the analyzing is performed in the background. However you'll
then need to inform the user when the results are ready, either via an email, or simply a message
saying they need to check back in a couple of minutes.

If you are after an Ajax based progress bar the JQuery extensions project[2] can be used to add such
a control.

[2]: http://code.google.com/p/clickclick/

kind regards

bob