Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Donald Raikes <do...@draikes.com> on 2004/11/13 23:50:21 UTC

[users@httpd] enabling server-side includes on httpd-2.0.52

Hello,
I just compiled httpd-2.0.52 on my fedora core 2 system. I want to enable
server-side includes, so I made sure that mod_include was compiled into
the application using --enable-include on the configure.

I then followed the instructions on the server-side tutorial on the apache
site to setup my httpd.conf file.
I added:

AddHandler server-parsed .shtml
AddType text.html .shtml
and
directoryIndexes index.shtml

Options FollowSymLinks +Includes (for my document root)

When I try to load a document that has a server-side directive, I don't
get the text of the include.
There is no error in the error_log or access_log files.

Any suggestions appreciated.

Re: [users@httpd] enabling server-side includes on httpd-2.0.52

Posted by Nick Kew <ni...@webthing.com>.
On Sat, 13 Nov 2004, Donald Raikes wrote:

> I then followed the instructions on the server-side tutorial on the apache

You seem to have followed a tutorial for httpd 1.x.  The one you need is
http://httpd.apache.org/docs-2.0/howto/ssi.html

--
Nick Kew