Posted to dev@directory.apache.org by Alex Karasulu <ak...@apache.org> on 2007/05/21 20:35:27 UTC

Let's stay on the subject - (Re: [ApacheDS] Embedded http service part2)

Can we keep this thread focused on the technical issues of embedding
an HTTP service into ApacheDS.  All this noise is obscuring this thread and
will
make people puke when they troll our archives.  Relevant discussions in
accordance
with thread titles are critical if we want our archives to remain an asset.

If you want to deviate from the thread please just start another one with a
new
subject.

Alex

Re: Let's stay on the subject - (Re: [ApacheDS] Embedded http service part2)

Posted by Ole Ersoy <ol...@gmail.com>.
Sure - I'm totally digging it now.

Thanks for all the elaboration.

Cheers,
- Ole

Posted by Alex Karasulu <ak...@apache.org>.

Posted by Ole Ersoy <ol...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Alex Karasulu <ak...@apache.org>.
On 5/21/07, Ole Ersoy <ol...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Good Idea :-)

Thanks for understanding Ole.

> OH - I think for the download
> of XSD Instances that some webapps
> attempt we can just use:
>
> xsi:noNamespaceSchemaLocation="/path/to/xml/schema/xmlschemeforwebapp.xsd"
>
> inside the xml documents of the webapp.
>
> In other words package the schema with the webapp,
> and point to it through usage of the
> xsi:noNamespaceSchemaLocation attribute.

Oh great thanks.

Did we leave anything else out?

> Oh - I did mention /var/lib/webapps as a FHS home
> for the webapps.  Since it is the FHS home
> other webapps live there too, so when using
> this directory care should be taken to ensure that
> they do not trip up in other servers.

Yes this is a good idea.  If this is done then we need to add an additional
field to
tell ApacheDS not to serve out certain webapps in that directory.  I'll
incorporate
this into the config as well.

Thanks,
Alex

Re: Let's stay on the subject - (Re: [ApacheDS] Embedded http service part2)

Posted by Ole Ersoy <ol...@gmail.com>.
Good Idea :-)

I think all my concerns regarding
memory footprint etc. were answered.