Posted to user@cassandra.apache.org by mo...@gmail.com on 2009/07/17 09:20:38 UTC

Fwd: WARN - Unable to find a live Endpoint we might be out of live nodes , This is dangerous !!!!

Why do the other nodes go down, in each of the nodes if i run nodprobe the
results show that the other nodes are down

226.229.123.185:7001  up
226.129.12.117:7001  down
226.229.123.116:7001  down
226.229.112.134:7001  down
Token(165434480505148814142836593307761304854)

Re: WARN - Unable to find a live Endpoint we might be out of live nodes , This is dangerous !!!!

Posted by Jonathan Ellis <jb...@gmail.com>.
7000 is tcp

7001 is udp

On Fri, Jul 17, 2009 at 12:34 PM, <mo...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Jonathan
>
> tmp]$ nc  -v 226.129.12.117 7001
> nc: connect to 226.129.12.117 port 7001 (tcp) failed: Connection refused
>  tmp]$ nc  -v 226.129.12.117 7001
> nc: connect to 226.129.12.117 port 7001 (tcp) failed: Connection refused
>
> I get a connect refused but is tcp the way to connect or is there a
> different way to use nc command ie using udp mode?
>
> if i do
> nc -u -v 226.129.12.117 7001
> it just hangs there
>
> /etc/hosts has the following in our servers
> # Do not remove the following line, or various programs
> # that require network functionality will fail.
> 127.0.0.1 localhost.localdomain localhost localhost
> ::1 localhost6.localdomain6 localhost6
>
> On Fri, Jul 17, 2009 at 6:09 AM, Jonathan Ellis <jb...@gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>> Please don't repeat your question separately on -user, -dev, and irc.
>> If nobody answers it's either because we're busy or we don't know the
>> answer.
>>
>> In this case it's probably a bit of both. :)
>>
>> I've never heard of anyone running into this before so my guess is
>> it's something weird with your network configuration.  What happens if
>> you try to connect to 226.129.12.117:7001 from  226.229.123.185 (e.g.
>> with netcat), for instance?
>>
>> If you want to get into the code, set your log to TRACE and it will
>> spit out a _ton_ of messages about gossip.
>>
>> On Fri, Jul 17, 2009 at 2:23 AM, <mo...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> > if i kill and start the cassandras again they are able to find each
>> > other
>> > but if they are left alone they go down on each other! ie they are
>> > unable to
>> > find each other

>> > --
>> > Bidegg worlds best auction site
>> > http://bidegg.com
>> >

> --
> Bidegg worlds best auction site
> http://bidegg.com

Re: WARN - Unable to find a live Endpoint we might be out of live nodes , This is dangerous !!!!

Posted by mo...@gmail.com.
Jonathan

tmp]$ nc  -v 226.129.12.117 <http://226.129.12.117:7001/> 7001
nc: connect to 226.129.12.117 <http://226.129.12.117:7001/> port 7001 (tcp)