Posted to dev@maven.apache.org by Jochen Wiedmann <jo...@gmail.com> on 2007/06/07 21:58:30 UTC

Dynamic plugin dependencies

Hi,

I've got some plugins, which currently do have static dependencies:
The maven-jaxme-plugin, the Axis 2 plugins, the rat-maven-plugin, and
some inhouse plugins at my employers site. I've always disliked these
static dependencies and recently I have written some code for an
inhouse project that allows to replace the static dependencies with
dynamic dependencies: Basically you've got to configure the required
jar files as dependencies of the project, or the plugin (which you'd
basically do anyways in the above cases, the exception being the
maven-rat-plugin) and the plugin picks up these dependencies or bails
out, if they aren't found.

As the required code is non-trivial and obviously reusable, I'd like
to develop some component for simplifying the process.

My first question: Is there already some existing code, which I might
reuse or extend?

If not: Where could I place such code? I am thinking of the Mojo
project (which has the obvious advantage, that I am a committer), but
that might extend the Mojo projects scope?

Thanks,

Jochen

--
Women have the ability to wind you round their little finger.
Daughters can use all of the fingers together.