Posted to dev@qpid.apache.org by Jonathan Robie <jo...@redhat.com> on 2009/01/28 23:17:47 UTC

Do we *need* the class hierarchy diagrams in the C++ doxygen?

I don't like the class hierarchy diagrams in the C++ doxygen html. I
think I can suppress them. This would reduce file size, and I think it
might  make it easier to read.

Anyone want to tell me this would be a bad idea?

Jonathan

Project:      http://qpid.apache.org

Re: Do we *need* the class hierarchy diagrams in the C++ doxygen?

Posted by Jonathan Robie <jo...@redhat.com>.
I just committed a version without graphics. Shout if you hate me for it.

Jonathan

Posted by Steve Huston <sh...@riverace.com>.

Posted by Alan Conway <ac...@redhat.com>.
Jonathan Robie wrote:
> I don't like the class hierarchy diagrams in the C++ doxygen html. I
> think I can suppress them. This would reduce file size, and I think it
> might  make it easier to read.
>
> Anyone want to tell me this would be a bad idea?

I'm responsible for putting those in - they seemed cool at the time. They're probably not adding much value so if you
think its more readable without, and given the huge size, I'd say go ahead and take them out. We can put them back if
there's widespread uproar, I suspect there won't be. People who feel strongly can always generate their own customized
doxygen.

Cheers,
Alan.

Project:      http://qpid.apache.org