Posted to user@spark.apache.org by Mithalee Mohapatra <mi...@gmail.com> on 2021/05/20 20:25:37 UTC

Question on spark on Kubernetes

Hi,
I am currently trying to run spark submit in Kubernetes. I have set up the
IAM roles for serviceaccount and generated the ARN. I am trying to use the
"spark.hadoop.fs.s3a.fast.upload=true --conf
spark.hadoop.fs.s3a.aws.credentials.provider=com.amazonaws.auth.WebIdentityTokenCredentialsProvider"
but getting the below error. Do I need to create a token file. What will be
the content of the token file and how can I deploy it in the cluster.
[image: image.png]

Re: Question on spark on Kubernetes

Posted by Gourav Sengupta <go...@gmail.com>.
Hi Mithalee,
lets start with why, Why are you using Kubernetes and not just EMR in EC2?

Do you have extremely bespoke library dependencies and requirements? Or
does you workloads fail in case the clusters do not scale up or down in a
few minutes?

Regards,
Gourav Sengupta