Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by "William A. Rowe, Jr." <wr...@rowe-clan.net> on 2002/03/31 03:39:10 UTC

Re: bucket free list breakage (was Re: cvs commit: httpd-2.0/server/mpm/workerworker.c)

At 06:23 PM 3/29/2002, you wrote:
>On Fri, 29 Mar 2002, Cliff Woolley wrote:
>
> > Yes.  The SSLProxyEngine on directive is missing from the config file.  I
> > added it manually and it works.  I expect something like this would do the
> > trick:
>
>oh duh, i had made the change but didn't commit.  glad to hear it works.

On that note, it sounds like all of the bucket, ssl, proxy and include changes
work together, and everything is nearly healthy again?  If so, I'll simply
push
.34  to head tommorow, incorporating these changes [none appear to be
trouble], and let Greg Ames start playing it against daedalus.

Any observations before I do so?  Are remaining segfaults in includes the
exception [bad script] or of a more general nature?

Bill

Re: bucket free list breakage (was Re: cvs commit: httpd-2.0/server/mpm/workerworker.c)

Posted by Brian Pane <br...@cnet.com>.
William A. Rowe, Jr. wrote:

> On that note, it sounds like all of the bucket, ssl, proxy and include
> changes
> work together, and everything is nearly healthy again?  If so, I'll
> simply push
> .34  to head tommorow, incorporating these changes [none appear to be
> trouble], and let Greg Ames start playing it against daedalus.
>
> Any observations before I do so?

Just make sure you have the latest CGI changes from today
(mod_cgi.c and util_script.c); the version of mod_cgi in
the original CGI tag had a bad bug (returning a 200 when
a script failed).

> Are remaining segfaults in includes the
> exception [bad script] or of a more general nature?

I *think* the remaining include segfaults are rare, based on
Paul R's description of his test case that's failing.

--Brian

Re: bucket free list breakage (was Re: cvs commit: httpd-2.0/server/mpm/workerworker.c)

Posted by Cliff Woolley <jw...@virginia.edu>.
On Sat, 30 Mar 2002, William A. Rowe, Jr. wrote:

> Any observations before I do so?  Are remaining segfaults in includes the
> exception [bad script] or of a more general nature?

The includes issues are not just on bad scripts, but they're rare.  I
would like to make sure that the CGI issues some people have seen are
sorted back out again now (Brian's commit earlier today might have taken
care of that).  Other than that, I'm pretty happy with the tree right
now... +1 to bumping .34 to HEAD.

--Cliff

   Cliff Woolley
   cliffwoolley@yahoo.com