Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by Martin Gregorie <ma...@gregorie.org> on 2016/12/15 22:35:10 UTC

getmail headers

On Thu, 2016-12-15 at 22:19 +0000, RW wrote:

> If you are using getmail/fetchmail it commonly just works. SA has
> explicit support for fetchmail, and getmail headers are unparseable.
> Either way there is typically a chain of private and localhost IP
> addresses up to the MX server.

Yes, that's been my experience with both fetchmail and getmail. I used
to use fetchmail until its habit of 'accidentally' leaving mail its
read but forgotten to delete in the source mailbox. Forever. Eventually
this annoyed me enough make the switch to getmail, which hasn't caused
me any problems at all.

I haven't noticed any problems arising from getmail's 'unparseable
headers': in fact I hadn't noticed that they weren't being processed.
Which brings me to the question I wanted to raised in this (renamed)
thread:�

What would we gain if getmail generated headers were parsed?�

IOW, should I raise a bug or would I just be wasting my and other
peoples, time? If it would not be a waste of time, should the bug be
raised against getmail or SA?

Martin

Re: getmail headers

Posted by Martin Gregorie <ma...@gregorie.org>.
OK, Understood. Thanks for the explanation.

Martin

Re: getmail headers

Posted by RW <rw...@googlemail.com>.