Posted to user@hadoop.apache.org by yaoxiaohua <ya...@outlook.com> on 2016/01/14 06:53:18 UTC

hadoop configure issues

Hi guys,

                We use huge pages for linux,

the total huge page memory is 16G.

                Our environment is

128G memory,

                28 disks,

                32(logical ) cpu

                Ibm jdk 1.7

                Cdh2.3

                Linux : overcommit 0

                For one nodemanager, we give 100g total, and vcore :24.

                So I find that one nodemanager can assign 24 container at
the same time.

                And every container 's java opts is :

                -server -Xms1200m -Xmx1200m -Xlp -Xnoclassgc
-Xgcpolicy:gencon -Xjit:optLevel=hot

                -Xlp in ibm jdk is meaning use huge pages.

                My questions is that, when the cluster is busy,

                I found 24 containing is launched at same time,   but we
just have 16G huge pages totoal,

                Why does this happened?           24 *  1.2g > 16G

                Thanks

Best Regards,

Evan

Re: hadoop configure issues

Posted by Drake민영근 <dr...@nexr.com>.
Hi Evan,

I think this is why: 24 * 1.2g < 100g. I don't know the "huge pages" of the
IBM JDK, but still you may config 16g in nodemanager.

Thanks.

Drake 민영근 Ph.D
kt NexR

Re: hadoop configure issues