Posted to soap-dev@ws.apache.org by HIROSHIMA Naoki <na...@bcrossing.com> on 2000/11/15 19:45:11 UTC

ClassLoader in RPCRouterServlet

Hi there,

I am trying to use Apache SOAP 2.0 and it works fine but I found one
thing which is a problem for me.  It's that RPCRouterServlet cannot
find my classes in CLASSPATH of Tomcat.

Since it's open source (Thanks alot), I looked into RPCRouterServlet.java
and found a line at 248,
  Class c = Class.forName (className);
which was failed.

Then question is, is there any reasons it's not like the following?
  Class c = ClassLoader.getSystemClassLoader().loadClass (className);

If RPCRouterServlet uses System Class Loader like the above, it will be
able to find classes in CLASSPATH which will be set when Tomcat will starts.

If this is not that good solution, I'd like RPCRouterServlet to have
public or protected method for changing ClassLoader.  Then I can write own
rpcrouter servlet extending RPCRouterServlet.

What do you guys say?

Thanks,

-- Hiroshima