Posted to dev@ant.apache.org by Marius Scurtescu <ma...@gmail.com> on 2007/05/28 06:50:02 UTC

Debian package creator task

Hi all,

I started working on a task that allows you to create Debian packages,
pure Java implementation. You should be able to create deb packages in
your build scripts running on Windows.

The code is at:
http://code.google.com/p/ant-deb-task/

You will have to check out the source and build. There is a samples
folder with examples.

Current minimum requirements are Java 1.4 and Ant 1.7

Suggestions are more than welcome.

Cheers,
Marius

--
http://marius.scurtescu.com

Re: Debian package creator task

Posted by Marius Scurtescu <ma...@gmail.com>.
On 5/28/07, Stephane Bailliez <sb...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Marius Scurtescu wrote:
> >>
> >> Would you be interested in combining efforts instead of working
> >> separately?  As the current antlib is in sandbox, I'm not sure if it's
> >> easy to grant commit access to it.
> >
> > Definitely. I will have a look at your code during the next few days.
> Note that your code is GPL2... would be nice to relicense it as ASL2 to
> avoid issues :o)

Just switched the license to ASL 2.

Marius

Posted by Stephane Bailliez <sb...@gmail.com>.
Marius Scurtescu wrote:

>> Would you be interested in combining efforts instead of working
>> separately?  As the current antlib is in sandbox, I'm not sure if it's
>> easy to grant commit access to it.
>
> Definitely. I will have a look at your code during the next few days.
Note that your code is GPL2... would be nice to relicense it as ASL2 to
avoid issues :o)

Cheers,

-- stephane

Re: Debian package creator task

Posted by Marius Scurtescu <ma...@gmail.com>.
On 5/27/07, Kevin Jackson <fo...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> > I started working on a task that allows you to create Debian packages,
> > pure Java implementation. You should be able to create deb packages in
> > your build scripts running on Windows.
>
> It seems to be the latest fad - make debian packaging tasks :)
>
> I've started on an antlib for creating/installing/managing debian packages see:
> http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/ant/sandbox/antlibs/debian/trunk/

I had no idea that there are similar projects, I see that there is jdeb as well.

> At the moment I don't have a pure java 'create package' task, and
> that's something I'd like to add to the antlib.  For obvious reasons
> install/remove etc require a debian distro to run on.

My code also generates the md5sums control file.

Posted by Kevin Jackson <fo...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

> I started working on a task that allows you to create Debian packages,
> pure Java implementation. You should be able to create deb packages in
> your build scripts running on Windows.

It seems to be the latest fad - make debian packaging tasks :)

I've started on an antlib for creating/installing/managing debian packages see:
http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/ant/sandbox/antlibs/debian/trunk/

At the moment I don't have a pure java 'create package' task, and
that's something I'd like to add to the antlib.  For obvious reasons
install/remove etc require a debian distro to run on.

Would you be interested in combining efforts instead of working
separately?  As the current antlib is in sandbox, I'm not sure if it's
easy to grant commit access to it.

>From my point of view, this would be a good test of one of the main
reasons for antlibs - help to get more committers on a task by task
basis.

Can any other committers chime in on how we would go about this is we
agree to combine efforts on this antlib?

Thanks,
Kev