Posted to wsrf-dev@ws.apache.org by Shahzad Younas <sh...@bananacomputers.com> on 2005/03/19 17:22:55 UTC

How to return faults

Hi,

I have a question about how to return a "Fault" message to the client. Lets
say I have defined a method:

 public
shibbolethBrowserSession.shibbolethBrowserSession.VerifySAMLResponseDocument
VerifySAML(
shibbolethBrowserSession.shibbolethBrowserSession.VerifySAMLRequestDocument
requestDoc )
   {
      //todo implement
      return null;
   }

As you can see, it must return a VerifySAMLResponseDocument.
But in my WSDL, i have specified some custom Fault messages. How can I
return these instead?
DO i have to change this method to return just an XMLObject? Or, lookign at
the printer example, an exception class has been created. When this is
thrown, is the fault message actually returned? or does the server side just
throw the exception and thats it?

Many thanks
Shahzad