Posted to users@subversion.apache.org by ta...@micron.com on 2005/06/29 15:23:41 UTC

Version of Solaris

I see that subversion run on Solaris 8 and above.  Is there any chance
that it runs on Solaris 2.6?  I have customers that are requesting it.
I have been unable to confirm whether or not it will run on Solaris 2.6
from my research.

Teressa Griffin
Micron Technology, Inc.

Re: Version of Solaris

Posted by David Weintraub <qa...@gmail.com>.
In case you don't want to build it yourself, you can a precompiled
version of Subversion 1.2 from http://sunfreeware.com.

On 6/29/05, tagriffin@micron.com <ta...@micron.com> wrote:

> I see that subversion run on Solaris 8 and above.  Is there any chance that
> it runs on Solaris 2.6?  I have customers that are requesting it.  I have
> been unable to confirm whether or not it will run on Solaris 2.6 from my
> research.
>
> Teressa Griffin
> Micron Technology, Inc.

David Weintraub
qazwart@gmail.com

Re: Version of Solaris

Posted by Ben Collins-Sussman <su...@collab.net>.
On Jun 29, 2005, at 10:23 AM, tagriffin@micron.com wrote:

> I see that subversion run on Solaris 8 and above.  Is there any
> chance that it runs on Solaris 2.6?  I have customers that are
> requesting it.  I have been unable to confirm whether or not it
> will run on Solaris 2.6 from my research.

Yes, it will run on any version of Solaris.  See this FAQ:

http://subversion.tigris.org/faq.html#portability