Posted to dev@tomcat.apache.org by Pid <pi...@pidster.com> on 2009/12/10 16:03:14 UTC

Tomcat 7, Valve > Filter project

Hello Devs,

What progress was made on the Valve to Filter project over the summer,
and is it intended to be included in Tomcat 7?

I'm struggling to find the code submitted, in Bugzilla.
Any pointers / clues appreciated.

Cheers,

Pid

Re: Tomcat 7, Valve > Filter project

Posted by Mark Thomas <ma...@apache.org>.
On 10/12/2009 15:03, Pid wrote:
> Hello Devs,
>
> What progress was made on the Valve to Filter project over the summer,
> and is it intended to be included in Tomcat 7?
>
> I'm struggling to find the code submitted, in Bugzilla.
> Any pointers / clues appreciated.

The results are in org.apache.catalina.filters in trunk.

In summary:
 - some valves were converted and the valve removed
 - some valves were converted but the valves kept
 - some valves weren't converted

I imagine that as many valves as can be will be converted during the
lifetime of Tomcat 7 and we'll look again at whether it makes sense to
remove valves completely in Tomcat 8. That will probably depend on what
the ServletAPI exposes to filters since some of the valves, particularly
for authentication, require access to Tomcat internals.

Mark