Posted to dev@giraph.apache.org by Khaled Ammar <kh...@gmail.com> on 2014/09/15 19:37:14 UTC

Dynamic graphs vs Graph mutations!

Hi all,

I understand that Pregel supports graph mutations when vertices issue
requests to make changes in the graph topology (add/remove vertex/edge). I
have two questions here:

1- Does the same concept applies to supporting dynamic graphs? (Graphs that
change over time where the add/remove vertex/edge is read from a file
instead of being generated by the vertex?)
2- Which class/function handles graph mutations in the source code?

Thanks,
-Khaled

RE: Dynamic graphs vs Graph mutations!

Posted by "Zhang, David (Paypal Risk)" <pe...@ebay.com>.
Yes, of course Giraph support dynamic graph mutation.
Graph mutation API is in Vertex class: https://github.com/apache/giraph/blob/release-1.0/giraph-core/src/main/java/org/apache/giraph/graph/Vertex.java
You can find some functions like addEdge, reomveEdge, addVertexRequest ...

Thanks,
Zhang, David