Posted to user@jmeter.apache.org by Jeeanah Pravind Kumar <p....@uom.ac.mu> on 2009/03/25 07:04:58 UTC

ftp sampler truncates ipv6 address of server

Hi

I am trying to test an ipv6 ftp server (vsftpd) with jmeter. I am
running jmeter2.3.2 under ubuntu 8.10. The ipv6 address of my server is
fddd:2e0:cbc7:1::2.

While running the test I get the following message:

2009/03/25 09:52:36 WARN  - jmeter.protocol.ftp.sampler.FTPSampler:
Cannot set URL: For input string: "2e0:cbc7:1::2"

The error returned by the test is 100%.

How to test the ipv6 ftp server. Any clues?

Thanks

Re: ftp sampler truncates ipv6 address of server

Posted by Jeeanah Pravind Kumar <p....@uom.ac.mu>.
On Wednesday 25 March 2009 13:06:33 sebb wrote:
> On 25/03/2009, Jeeanah Pravind Kumar <p....@uom.ac.mu> wrote:
> > Hi
> >
> >  I am trying to test an ipv6 ftp server (vsftpd) with jmeter. I am
> >  running jmeter2.3.2 under ubuntu 8.10. The ipv6 address of my server is
> >  fddd:2e0:cbc7:1::2.
> >
> >  While running the test I get the following message:
> >
> >  2009/03/25 09:52:36 WARN  - jmeter.protocol.ftp.sampler.FTPSampler:
> >  Cannot set URL: For input string: "2e0:cbc7:1::2"
> >
> >  The error returned by the test is 100%.
> >
> >  How to test the ipv6 ftp server. Any clues?
>
> This is a general IPv6 gotcha - not a problem with JMeter or Java.
>
> See RFC2372 - http://www.ietf.org/rfc/rfc2732.txt - literal IP
> addresses need to be changed to be used in URLs, because the colons
> interfere with URL parsing.
>
> Either use the host name (not IP address), or enclose the IP address in [],
> i.e.
>
> [fddd:2e0:cbc7:1::2]
>
> See also http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/IPv6 "Literal IPv6 addresses in
> network resource identifiers"
>
> >  Thanks

Thanks sebb.

The jmeter correctly logs on the IPv6 ftp server using the square brackets in
the address. However I have another problem, jmeter does not download from or
upload files to the server.

I have created another thread to address the issue. Grateful for any help.

Re: ftp sampler truncates ipv6 address of server

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.