Posted to dev@httpd.apache.org by "Aram W. Mirzadeh" <aw...@qosina.com> on 1995/10/04 14:36:05 UTC

WWW Form Bug Report: "hung servers consuming resources" on Linux

>From: scott@uniserve.com
>To: awm@qosina.com
>Date: Tue Oct  3 14:10:26 1995
>Subject: WWW Form Bug Report: "hung servers consuming resources" on Linux
>
>Submitter: scott@uniserve.com
>Operating system: Linux, version: 1.2.11
>Extra Modules used: mod_cookie
>URL exhibiting problem:
>
>Symptoms:
>--
>When MaxRequestsPerChild is set the server  hang when the last request is a
cgi included via SSI. The cgi script zombifies and the  server process which
handled the request  slowly starts consuming the CPU. After about an hour of
running I'll have 10-20 hung servers and a load average of 40. The servers
seem to be eating CPU cycles, not memory.