Posted to users@wicket.apache.org by hjuturu <ha...@yahoo.com> on 2008/04/01 22:26:36 UTC

Validate HTML generated from getMarkupResourceStream()

Hi All
I use a class which implements IMarkupResourceStreamProvider,
IMarkupCacheKeyProvider to
generated HTML dynamically and sent it to wicket as a IResourceStream.
//code snippet
public IResourceStream getMarkupResourceStream(MarkupContainer container,
Class containerClass){		       return new StringResourceStream(HTMLString);
	}

If the HTMLString is not properly formed , wicket throws
"java.text.ParseException" and org.apache.wicket.markup.MarkupException.
after i set the responsepage.

I would like to validate whether this string is correct before it goes to
wicket code and a exception is thrown.Is there anyway to validate this
HTMLString and catch the exception.

If not in wicket are there any third party packages available to validate
dynamically generated HTML strings .

Thanks All
Haritha

Re: Validate HTML generated from getMarkupResourceStream()

Posted by hjuturu <ha...@yahoo.com>.
I got a solution for this and would like to share it with those interested
I replaced the catch block with this code'

catch (Exception e) {
				getSession().error("Parse Exception Occured");
				throw new RestartResponseException(ParseError.class);

			}

Thanks
Haritha

Posted by hjuturu <ha...@yahoo.com>.